Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September? | Page 59 | FerrariChat

Will there be a F12 "HGTE" Announced at Frankfurt in September?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferro458, Mar 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1451 Traveller, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    We know the car does not have KERS so that's out. That only really leaves aero and aesthetics as all cooling is obviously at the front of the car. In short, stumped.

Another great shot, thanks for posting.

I suspect as we see more aspects of this car, the reaction will get more and more positive. It is certainly growing on me and from this angle those vents look terrific. In fact, I am going to go out on a limb here and say this is going to be one sensational car, aesthetics and all. The more details that come to light the more it appears that this is a major reworking, far more so than in the 458 Speciale. It could well be a statement car to demonstrate and represent the ultimate evolution of the front engine n/a V12 . Full stop.

2. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    The owner of these pics needn't worry, they're invited to the best bloody Italian in London as my guest! Stunning new pic/angle........now we're talking :D

3. Mj_1963217

Mj_1963217 Karting

Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks for the new photo, rear looks good as it really brings out the hips. Now someone needs to erase the black stripe on the rear, then see how it looks.

4. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Peoples opinions will obviously vary, but I really like the black stripe and I think it breaks it up nicely. I don't think it would look as good with all one color. Hopefully someone will do this though so we can see it both ways.

5. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Simply awful. Can't believe this is a Ferrari styling outcome. The black horizontal strip would be dull on a Lexus. All of the interesting sculpture and shaping of the F12 are gone.

6. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I love this car, how it looks but I just cannot bring myself to love those awkward soft wind deflectors. They just do not look classy at all (neither do they look aggressive).

7. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1458 Traveller, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Great picture thanks for posting. Also side marker lights indicate this particular example is a U.S. Spec car?

9. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    That black strip across the rear while looking a stripe from this distance is not a painted stripe but formed from the entire rear which is made from CF. This 'stripe' is just unpainted CF that has been polished. My bet is it will look much better close up. Also enhances the widened effect of the broader hips.

10. ferrarifan83

ferrarifan83 Rookie

Feb 25, 2010
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Does your source have any shots of the front end?

11. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Let's hope not!! Seriously, the guy who took these photos is going to find himself in deep water when Ferrari figure out who it is (and they will no doubt from the security videos). So he'd do better to lie low....

12. DoxeyDriver

DoxeyDriver Rookie

Oct 4, 2007
    My god that photo from the rear is amazing. Looks like the gas on the right side. Those of you on the list are truly lucky, please post many, many pictures of your cars when you take delivery. As someone who thinks the 275gtb is the most beautiful car made from any era I would greatly appreciate!

13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I think that those orange things, wich I HATE as much as it's humanly possible , are the obvious signs of an american spec car

14. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    +12

15. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    You have to remember that Ferrari often makes the gap between wheel and arch smaller on the renderings. Just look at the old 458 renderings and the 488 renderings. We'll see in due time.

16. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Sorry that was the last one.

17. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Amazing looking car. Every time I see more shots, the more I have to have it. To those who think it is overcooked, you are crazy. I remember defending the styling of the speciale as well. 2/3rds of posters thought it was lousy, but looks at them now. All envious, if not owners. Including me. I screwed up on that one. Anyway. This car is an instant classic. Like it or not, this car will be incredible and will not depreciate if limited in production number. Just a beautiful evolution of a flawed F12 design. Love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My theory on the rear window "vents"...

The rear window looks like they are trying to imply a mid engined design. It almost looks like those would be vents to release engine heat….. Perhaps there is an opening at the top of the glass- look hard it appears there is something, but it could be a reflection… and maybe air from the roof is channeled over the roof and then down these channels on the side to the rear spoiler…… Its clear there is a lot of trick aero going on with this car.

I think the car looks really fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing more. The exposed CF links the rear lights and also helps give a wider look. FWIW, I think the F12 looks great too- but this is even more special. As it should be.

19. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Spot on, an excellent summary. It's taken me many years and many late nights to arrive in a position where I will be visiting the factory in a few weeks to see it and spec mine. And FWIW there's not second that goes by where I'm not extremely grateful. Similar to everyone else I've met over the years who are also fortunate to curate a small piece of automotive history. There are many more worthy items to think about but the continuous creativity - the beautiful evolution as you put it - from Ferrari IMO makes the world a little brighter, a little happier and little bit more inspired. Have a good day :)

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    +1 it is very easy to be negative when you are not so fortunate.

21. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    i tried to re-invent a challenge grill on my GTO, and i think the factory can learn something from me instead of the thin line they got there.

[​IMG]

22. FFMAC

FFMAC Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mac
    It's certainly going to be incredible. Only detail I'm not keen on is the way the exhausts look like they protrude from 'boxes'. I wouldn't say no if I was fortunate enough to be offered one though!

23. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    What about Ferrari security? they are also guilty than others owners who take pictures inside the factory.
    This phoyographer makes the things well, in my sense, he actuated as a real pro.

They are only pictures, a small secret, nothing more. Ferrari will continue to earn money.
    In reality we haven t pictures of interior, engine, details etc. Finally is not so important.

24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The rear view shows some inconsistencies with the muffler box being larger on the driver's side. Note the wider gap to the left of the tail pipes there on the driver's side compared to the right edge of the tail pipes on the passenger side box.
    There also seems to be more vents under the car in the body below the muffler to duct heat away.
    The area molded for the lic plate looks wide enough for a European plate and deep enough for a American plate. Can it be that due to cost Ferrari will only do one standard version rear clip for all markets including the side marker lights?