2012 California vs. New GranTurismo MC | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2012 California vs. New GranTurismo MC

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ggonzaga, Jul 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think you have an "artistic" rather than a technical bent. It's alright if you wish to remain subjective. We all have our own subjective opinions and the OP will also arrive at his own.

2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yeah, I always switch my pickup truck from RWD to AWD when I want to dispatch someone at the lights. :D I flip it back to RWD once the tires are good and stuck to the road. AWD also tends to get the front and rear tires in a knot when cornering so I try to do that in RWD mode.

I have always suspected BMW's xDrive was "donated" from Land Rover so I think it should work well, as it seems to.

3. rmb221

rmb221 Karting

Feb 25, 2013
    2012 California all the way.

4. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Should we all crush all our out of warranty Ferraris???? Is that why the Ferrari market is so weak.... Now I understand!! No one buys these out of warranty cars. Thank you for clearing this up.

5. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    No, "Greg".

This is why you can have fun looking in the "Ferrari Ads" section for a "Wanted" adv and notice that in the first page there are CURRENTLY at the time I'm writing this 39 "For Sale" and 10 "Wanted".

And ironically one of the "wanted" is this http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/493100-ferrari-ff-2013-2015-under-warranty.html

Almost all the others are for old 308 or similia. WIthout the complicated and expensive DCT, transmissions or engines of today. Yes, engine out to be expected but I think many of the buyers are hoping to do it by themselves or have good mechanics who can do it for "cheap" (manual), unlike an out of warranty DCT/recent engine

If u exclude limited ed, the ferrari market IS weak as for now, it's a buyer market like never before. But if u start looking for still under warranty cars, you will notice the prices are still high, cause people are not stupid and nobody wants an out of warranty 458/FF/F12 without coverage.

2012 FF for sale in Italy right now, cheapest in Europe, out of warranty and 90k+ km (which means no more warranty by Ferrari unless u get it from the dealer itself), 138k euros. Not a casuality.

The ones who buy a 3+ old Ferrari buy it always taking into account a warranty from the dealer, usually those 5k per year ones covering trans/gear/engine, I know of some offering 6k/7k covering head to toe, but they are rarer.

Believe me there are VERY FEW people buying a recent Fcar out of warranty with the intention of actually driving it and not just showing it at Cars&Coffees and selling it a year later.

6. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Getting out of warranty Ferraris was a great experience for me, made me learn to appreciate owning and caring for older cars. One of the rationales I use with the wife for buying my toys, that my daily is OLD and realively inexpensive and isn't depreciating. And it's not BS. I love caring for my old Cayenne Turbo S. Did a leatherique treatment on her last week. I would never have become that guy if it weren't for ferraris.

7. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    I think your wrong buddy!! Here in south Florida I see many "out of warranty" Ferraris sell all the time. I happen to own one myself! Half the people on this forum have out of warranty Ferraris and most of them are pretty damn smart!! I think maybe you need to purchase an F-car first and then comment on if you must not be sane if you buy a ferrari out of warranty. I know plenty of 430 owners with no warranty and could care less.

That being said your point on the 90k mile FF is flawed... 90k in a 2012 ferrari is not desirable... Personally I have seen some very high mileage f cars that run great but that scares most people.

As far as a buyers market.... Uhh.. NO! It really isn't...
    Bottom line is don't insult people when you haven't experienced an issue or the drive!

8. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    If thinking that makes u feel better...

Any news from ggonzaga ?

9. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ignore list can be updated from the left margin of your user control panel under settings, in case anyone needs that helpful hint.

10. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    👍🏻

11. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    THAT is the car I am waiting to see in production and why I am holding off on buying anything right now! I think the turbo V6 version will be around $100K to compete directly with the Jag F-type and the Porsche 911.