Ferrari 456GT 6-Speed, V-12 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456GT 6-Speed, V-12

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by mcypert, Aug 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mcypert

mcypert Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Cypert
    #1 mcypert, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dear Gents:

Reluctantly selling my GT. We will be moving to the coast with limited garage space and don't want to subject the car to the salt air.

Here's the particulars and sales pitch, and you can also search my posts to see how the car's been treated for the last 3+ years:

1995 Ferrari 456GT 6-Speed, V-12, 19K miles. $59,000 USD.

Modern Ferrari V-12’s with a gated shifter are becoming hard to find, especially under $100K. The 456 GT was the Ferrari flagship in 1995 and is sure to become a collectible classic, if it’s not already. In September 2014, the editors of AutoBlog voted the 456 GT, “The best Ferrari from the 1990’s through today!” The competition included the Enzo and the LaFerrari and all Ferraris in-between!

Autoblog remembers its favorite Ferrari models of the Montezemolo Era.

1995 was the last year before the Federally-mandated OBDII system and there are no 1996 V-12’s. Some say the 1995’s 2.7 Bosch ECU is a better compromise than the Motronic 5.2 that followed, with fewer required monitors to generate spurious errors. Bearing that out, this car has never failed an emissions test; often only testing at 1/20th of the allowable. With about 440 bhp and a top speed of almost 190 mph, all 456’s have the same performance, but many prefer the styling of the GT over the “M” that followed. It also lacks the problematic immobilizer, traction control, FCS and other “improvements” of the later models. For example, the key blanks cost about $1.50 compared to hundreds for the later FOB’s. In short, simpler is often better. Many of its replacement parts are interchangeable with BMW, MB and other European cars and can be had at very reasonable prices.

And, this particular car isn’t just any 456GT. It has yet to hit 19,000 miles and has just been through its major 5 year service. This Verde Mugello Metallicoa Ferrari (believed to be one of 11 made in that color) was also featured in a 2/28/14 Oppositelock article, “Ferrari 456 Driven: Cheap V12 Thrills.” Maybe not so cheap anymore, but here’s the link:

Ferrari 456 driven: cheap V12 thrills

And, here are some comments from the end of that article:

"Holy f___, this car is GORGEOUS!!!! I absolutely LOVE the colour, looks green on my screen.VERY understated and classy, suits the shape to a "T." To top it all off, suede wrapped toolbox. F___ me. I'd be too afraid to touch this. But I could stare for hours..."[as written, expletives deleted]

"Awesome! Awesome awesome awesome."

"Love the car, love the color…"

"I love the car and color too!"

"Great colour combo: I always liked v12 ferraris in unusual colours (dark blue, green, brown)."

"I think the 456 is among the most beautiful Ferraris of all time. Yes, I said it."

"God what a pretty car."

"By far one of the most beautiful Ferraris. Just stunning in that color…"

"Give me a Ferrari with that chrome shift gate over any of those new piddle paddles any day. I really do love the interiors on the mid-90s to turn of the century Ferraris, just analog and lovely..."

"Gorgeous color, so refreshing to see a tasteful non-red Ferrari."

"The 456 is IMHO the last of the truly elegantly designed Ferraris. How this thing manages to be both aggressive and understated at the same time defies my ability to describe it."

"I think the 456 is one of the prettiest modern Ferraris and I'd love to have one…"

"I just want the toolset."

This 456 comes with service records, a spare tire(very unusual), complete leather-cased, suede-trayed tool kit, leather-cased owner’s, radio and man’t manuals, Ferrari trouble light in its plastic case and even the original Aquip tire inflater in its Styrofoam case (remember these things didn’t come originally with a spare!) All this makes the car as original as possible and ready for Concours judging. The first owner of 16 years had the car serviced at the Auto Gallery Ferrari dealership in LA. The second owner spent close to $30K at Steve Tillack’s Fast Cars, LTD in Redondo Beach having the mechanical totally sorted, but had to sell within 500 miles because of health reasons. The third owner (since 2012), a Mech Egr, sorted all the known issues, like window regulators, sticky parts, cooling, etc and things that the dealerships didn’t or couldn’t correct.

Here’s the recent service record:

Mileage- Service
    18795 Accumulators X2 w/ Royal Purple ATF hydraulic

18722 Timing belts, cam timing, front cover gasket, thermostat,
    valve clearance, Mobil 1 15W/50 & filters, No-Rosion rad flush

18713 Pass TX emissions

17792 Pass TX emissions

17767 Main front seal

17717 Window regulators rebuilt by F1 Imports, Naples, FL, cures the window gap for good

17152 Aux radiator fans, switch and relay, No-Rosion, thermostat

16152 Pass TX emissions

15611 New transmission gears, sychros, bushings, bearings, seals,
    Spirax 75W/90 gear oil and additive (about $20K)

Timing belt, cam seals, tensioner, acc. belts, cam timing,
    plugs, air & oil filters, Mobil 1 15W/50, Zerex coolant,
    Castrol brake fluid

Clutch, press. plate, T/O bearing, pilot bearing, rear main seal,
    leak down & compression tests, Cat temp. ECU

15459 Pass CA emissions

15404 Pass CA emissions

15329 Filter & Pennzoil 5W/40, Shell 75W/90 gear oil, Shell antifreeze,
    Shell DOT 4 brake fluid, fuel filters

15404 Pass CA emissions

15023 Pass CA emissions

14106 Pass CA emissions

14070 New window regulators and window ECU, rear brake shoes, new
    A/C evaporator, controls, dryer, freon & frige oil

Lube oil & filters, brake system flush, gear box oils, radiator hoses
    timing belts & tensioners, coolant, acc. belts

13796 Pass CA emissions

13675 Annual dealer man’t, new motor mounts and cooling fan

13104 Pass CA emissions

12764 Drain & clean fuel tank, new gauge sending unit

12194 Pass CA emissions

11760 30,000 mile dealer service

In short, no expense has been spared on this Ferrari. In fact, much of work could have been postponed. But…Nice to know that a lot has been done in advance…

Over all, Condition is Near Showroom perfect (the factory poor passenger leather airbag cover and some fraying of the factory center brake-light leather stitching being the exceptions; not particularly objectionable and not worth restoring at this point). Car is licensed and inspected until 6/16 in Texas. Clean Carfax, i.e., never in an accident or other issues, (email for copy or any other records desired). Will ship anywhere in the USA, or it’s ready to drive anywhere. PPI and/or Test drives welcome. 20 minutes from Houston Hobby or 40 minutes from IAH.

Questions welcome: Call Mark at 713-728-0830 or 713-598-7500, or email: [email protected] . (please no text messages, phone is old school.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Awesome car, if I did not have a 355 in the garage and had more room ;)
    Thanks for all the details and disclosure always nice to get everything up front.
    GLWS, thinking this will go fast.

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

GLWS, I would not consider Houston inland, if that is the motivation for selling it.

4. AKINSB

AKINSB Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2013
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Alex K
    Mark

Great looking car and flawlessly maintained. Can't believe you r selling it! GLWS

AK

5. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Anyone whose thinking about this car should def pull the trigger. I've seen a GTA in the same color in person before & it's absolutely what makes it!!!

That particular color on that car is almost sinful. Best wishes to the future owner!

6. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    I can recommend this car. I flew to Houston to look at Mark's 456 and it was the smoothest sounding & running V12 of any of the 456's I looked at. For the collector it is practically bone stock with low miles. The custom spare tire is a nice add-on. The non-stock extra cooling fans are a real plus if you're going to do any city driving. I ultimately purchased a less stock 456 "driving car" closer to where I'm located. But if someone is looking for a car that has been well cared for and documented, this is definitely one to look at, especially if you have any "show car" aspirations.

7. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Lovely 456! Just saw this over on BAT, that should help with the sale. I pay my TR off in a couple of days, this is sooooo tempting-sigh!

8. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Very nice example of this model. GLWS. It's always so tempting when I see these very affordable V-12's. A little bit of intake and exhaust magic and you are knocking on 500 HP.

9. mcypert

mcypert Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Cypert
    Dear All:

First, thanks for all the nice comments, especially John in SC for his unsolicited endorsements.

I regretfully inform you, I have a deposit on the car. I'll mark it "sold" when the wire transfer is completed. About 48 hours on the market.... bought sight unseen...

Regards.....Mark in Houston

10. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Looks like a great car. I really like the color with the tan interior. It works well. If I had the room in my garage, I'd have considered it. GLWS!

11. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Beautiful car and a great color combination

12. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Question for the OP: I have the same car you do, and I have to ask: how you can fit a full- sized spare in the trunk?

Is it a space saver spare?

What about the jack: what type and where do you store it?

Any pics of the layout would be appreciated.

Your pics do not show the spare in the trunk, in fact one shows the tools in the trunk, not a spare tire.

13. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No surprises, what a beautiful Ferrari

14. mcypert

mcypert Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Cypert
    Mr. V:

Here's my post on that:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/456-550-575-sponsored-bradan/372763-456-spare-tire-kit-about-%24100.html

Short answer: the 6 speeds can store everything under the truck deck. The autos take up that space.

Regards...Mark

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Congrats on the sale...

That fits what I have been looking for, for my new job, travelling.
    Looks like it flew out the door!

16. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks for the link re: spare tire.

17. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Did you sell the car?
    I See on eBay
    "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    See Post #9, looks like it did..

19. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    So sad. I really need to do some soul searching the next time one of these comes up.

20. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    48 Hours to sell.
    Answers his original question... to cheap!.. lucky Buyer

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Bump, to compare to resellers ad....

22. MKnightMD

MKnightMD Rookie

Mar 30, 2008
    Irvine, Cali
    Full Name:
    Mark Knight
    lol

23. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Wait. I did not read the entire thread and attachment.

I saw this car sometime in or around early 2019.

It looks awesome. The owner must still have it.