Supercar crackdown in London | FerrariChat

Supercar crackdown in London

Discussion in 'Europe' started by william, Jul 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Supercar crackdown - London drivers to be fined for 'excessive' noise

Supercar crackdown - London drivers to be fined for 'excessive' noise | Autocar

“Over the past few years, Knightsbridge has become a magnet for a number of young men, mostly from the Middle East, who drive supercars. It’s a sort of competitive peacocking really and routes and behaviours have quickly evolved – including speeding, causing obstruction and, worst of all, engine revving.”

I would add, that in most cases, these cars are illegally imported in UK, not properly registered, with no insurance, driven by people with no driving license who flout the law, park anywhere, don’t pay fines, insult police officers, obstruct the emergency lanes and exits, and sometimes don’t bother to pay at the petrol pump for their fuel!

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    London isn't in Europe its in England which until Sturgeon gets her way remains part of the United Kingdom (or should this be in the Middle East section ?)

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

So, England (part of the UK) isn't in Europe?

I can assure you it is!!

Back to school for you

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    No sir - my point is that your thread should be in either the United Kingdom section here or possibly Middle East but not Europe

5. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    London is so noisy anyway that I don't see hoe a few high revs can hurt much. Stealing petrol? That's another matter.

6. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #6 galt, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    I can assure you it hurts a lot from direct experience. You have guys driving "straight piped" cars past your house (especially if you on sloane street or just off that) at 2-3AM. Knightsbridge/Belgravia are very quiet places other than that.

I love cars, but I don't love being woken up at 3AM on a weeknight. Really a shame because in the day it is kind of nice to see all the cars. Simply more of a the usual--a handful of idiots ruining it for everyone.

Here are some examples of the madness:
    Idiots in AMG cars at night on sloane
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEAzlPhW7TA

More gratuitous revving on the same street at night:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-_Mveo14k

Same street again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76fCxaKZE0A

Just search for sloane street and exotics or sloane street and revving and you will see what I mean.

7. NoSpeedLimit

NoSpeedLimit Karting

Sep 6, 2013
  8. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    This (your link) happened once. Normally the police looks away. In particular in other regions of the city, which have turned into no go areas for the police. If certain criminal families are involved, then nothing will happen ("I will know where your children go to school"...).

In the first newspaper report it was "about 100 km/h". In a later one 150 km/h. And you now report 200 km/h. By the way, at Kurfürstendamm only the minor league of these posers is supposed to turn up ...