'77 Headlight Fun | FerrariChat

'77 Headlight Fun

Discussion in '308/328' started by gte619n, Jun 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gte619n

gte619n Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Evan Ruff
    Hey guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out with adjusting my headlight... singular...

Turning on the headlights work great. When I turn them off, they immediately go down as expected. The driver's side headlight works as expected. The passenger headlight keeps going up and down until I apply a tiny amount of downward pressure, then it closes perfectly.

I know there are adjusters under the louvers, but I'm not sure exactly how I adjust the closing portion only. Any tips?

Thanks,

E

Andreas Engesvik likes this.
  2. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    Exchange right & left headlight motor relays as a test for the relay contacts being good (or simply replace both relays). Another motor relay powering both pod motors can be temporarily exchanged with the headlight relay. See owner's manual for locations on relay panel.

Check the tightness of the lever arm which couples motor with pod. There are diodes which go bad in that same circuit but I don't remember the symptoms besides total non-function. A last resort are contacts within the pod which determine open/closed position. I've tried to list these in order of difficulty to work on and order of items known to fail. So start with good relays.

Paul

3. gte619n

gte619n Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Evan Ruff
    Thanks Paul, I will check it out and see if anything fixes the issue.