2005 Aston Martin DB9 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2005 Aston Martin DB9

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by HOF Ferrari, Jun 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I believe it is attached via a bolt that is covered by a plastic piece. If you look at the cars with no front plate there is a cover plate about the size of a fifty cent piece... Yes, a 3 year old should fit just fine !

2. ashuri

ashuri Rookie

Dec 24, 2014
    Los Angeles,CA
  3. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
  4. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
  5. crowe112

crowe112 Karting

Feb 20, 2006
    Utopia
    Full Name:
    C
    Is this car still for sale

6. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Yes it is...

7. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Still for sale !

8. Korntera

Korntera Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Happy Valley/Bend OR
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I'm surprised this car has not sold yet? Is it advertised on other sites? I would be all over this but I picked up a V8 Vantage in March because I couldn't find a DB9 in this price range that I trusted. I absolutely love my AM and enjoy driving it more than any car I have owned.

Johnny what are your plates? I am still waiting on mine but I got OR 007, even though it's a Vantage and not a V12 AM

9. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    No manual transmission cars are your answer. Autos sell Well to rich people who buy new. Not so well to the rest of us

10. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    OMG how low can these things drift? Such a value for the money!

11. pad

pad Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Tequesta, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Delatush
    FYI - I just purchased a Silver 2005 DB9 Coupe from a dealer in the low $40s. 1 owner car with COMPLETE service records -always serviced by AM dealer. Fantastic car / Fairly priced.

12. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    They are just standard Minnesota plates that I waited for as they came up in the numeric sequence. I have 007 xxx on both my DB7 and DB9. Cannot recall what the letters are. The DMV will not pull plates out of sequence to give a desired number...but i know them at my local office and they put a post-it note on the case of plates and call me when they are close to the number I want. In the same way, I got 550 xxx for my...you guessed it....550 Maranello :)

13. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Yep! You hit the auto/manual thing right on the head.

The manuals are rare in the DB9's....but they are out there. I traveled to Naples to get mine just to get the 3 pedals and paid a premium to boot. I think that it will help resale should that day ever come. Think this one (2007 California Sage convert with Sandstorm over Parliament Green interior and Bamboo for wood veneer) is a keeper though.

As for values, the 2005s and 2006s have been devalued for some time. 2007s seem to be faring better, although they are not significantly different than the earlier cars. 2009s on up are the most desirable from a horsepower and center stack upgrade standpoint....but command a big premium. $40-50 grand is low money for an Aston though, as the drive is sublime....

14. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    No haven't really advertised it on other sites...not really desperate to sell, absolutely nothing wrong with it, and still looks as good as the new ones. If it sells now, I would buy another one next summer.

15. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
  16. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    It's hard to comprehend why these beautiful automobiles depreciate and are difficult to sell. I sold my 2009 DB9 on consignment through a local Aston Martin dealership. I would suggest you think about doing the same. They do the advertising nationwide and really put it out there for those looking for these particular cars. Unfortunately you're going to take a hit when you still it but that's reality. Just accept it and move on the next Aston. Good luck.

17. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I will hopefully be shopping for a next car around the end of the year. DB9's are high on my list. If your car is still available at that time I will be in touch!

18. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I hope you sell it soon! Agree with the Aston consignment and the manual posts.

My advice is NEVER mention that your teenager has driven the car. Many might not care, but if I read that (and I research the cars that I'm interested in) I'd move onto the next car in the blink of an eye. Delete those posts IMHO and then ask mods to delete this one.

19. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

dont disagree.....

I know HOF personally and have met his son a few times.
    His son is certainly not a hot rodder.

20. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
  21. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Ha...Thanks, I guess I never thought about that, I know my kid, and he knows how I drive my cars....When I say he has "driven" it.... it has been to car shows with me either in front of him or behind him driving another of my cars... He has never taken the car out on his own, but its funny how you write something never thinking how that might be construed by someone else..

22. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Thats a great pic !!!

23. cy0811

cy0811 Rookie

Feb 7, 2004
    Hey Hoff....im sending you a pm

24. maseratiwanted30

Jul 10, 2015
    Agreed. My lease is up this coming April and I am extremely interested in DB9s, and yours particularly. If it is still around by then, I would love to discuss further.

25. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    PM responded