lebron legacy | Page 5 | FerrariChat

lebron legacy

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

+1

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And to win those 2 titles, he had to ride the coat-tails of the other star players.

Without them, he is 0-4.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Yes he is responsible for the loss to mavs but that is his only neg. How can you say he rode their coat tails? Wade and bosh were diminished by age and injuries by finals they won.

Giving lebron props does not diminish mj. Hating lebron because si hype put him on cover at 15 is just wrong. He was a kid. And he has lived an exemplary life off the court

This is all you need to know about what he just accomplished. Iguodola deservedly won mvp. And it wasnt for hitting some threes. It was for being the 'stopper' on lebron. 'Stopping' lebron means he only gets 35, 15, and 10.

4. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    In a few years, No one will remember that the"best player in the world" carried his D league team to the Finals. Lebron is only in for his legacy-in this for titles-regardless of what team or city he plays for. His history has shown this. And once again, he has failed, I am sure even in his own opinion (not winning championship). I am just sick of everyone talking about Lebron, and not how well the GS Warriors played as a team from the beginning to end of this 83 win team. They won small, they won big, they won with the best defense in the league and the best offense in the league. In the playoffs, they have beaten all of the first Team all NBA all stars, Marc Gasol, Anthony Davis, James Harden and Even unanimous 1st Team all star Lebron James. What else does this team have to do to get any more respect from any media outlets outside of the San Francisco Bay Area. All the talk has been about Lebron and reasons why he will win, should have won, and now all blame out on the Cavs rookie coach and the D league players. It was actually Dellavadova who stepped up timely big time in games 2 and 3 to pull out the Cavs win. Lebron had been constantly a scoring machine the whole series. I am just saying give credit where it's due guys.

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yes you have a good championship to enjoy in bay area.

just better hope durant is not 100% next year and spurs dont get aldridge

6. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Yes, Spider-Man, if there is any team that most Warriors fans fear, it is the Spurs. I was very encouraged at the Dubs chances at winning the NBA championship when the Spurs were bounced from the playoffs. Durant is a helluva player and you are right that the stars aligned and the dubs were able to get to the finish line in first. 15 years plus if Charles Barkley in TNT saying the "jump shooting" Warriors could not win a championship. What do you have to say no Sir Charles?

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #107 ShineKen, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Lebron had an impressive performance up until the very end. But if you're going to compare his performance to Mj's... Go right ahead
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I think human nature is such that most would say something similar after a bitter defeat in a championship. I suspect, but may be wrong, that LeBron will think differently after a little distance and reflection. Once players make the coin and attain individual distinctions, being a champion is what matters most IMO along those with the real fire for greatness. In short, I'd rather be LeBron than Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, etc...T

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Barkley would rather be controversial than right IMO. I say enjoy your championship, they're so precious & few and far between for the teams we love that it's best not to give the haters, pundits and naysayers a moments thought. Congrats to GSW!
    T

11. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#111 Bradwilliams, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    I've said it 1000 times. Everybody needs to stop comparing every new guy who comes out of the woodwork to Michael. It's such a redundant topic, there is not going to be another like him. Accept it, and be glad that you were alive to see him do his thing, I know I am. The funniest comparison ever made was when they called Harold Minor "baby Jordan." LOL. I think he was only in the league for two years and averaged a point and a half or something.

Lebron is a hell of an athlete and player, but at the end of the day, he hasn't been better than the hype. Has he matched the hype? Perhaps. But he's been in the league how long now? He should have the experience and skill to dominate in the playoffs. If he were indeed one of the greats, he would have done whatever it took to put Golden state to sleep when he had the chance, and his playoff record would reflect a higher winning percentage, end of story.

And as I don't follow basketball anymore but watched some of the finals, this was my first time watching Curry play. Man that guy is good.

12. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I always laugh whenever I hear someone compare playing an nba game vs. truly grueling undertaking, such as the Tour de France. Get real, an nba game is 48 minutes; there are numerous breaks or time outs, quarter ends, fouls, free throws, half time, and on and on. It ain't THAT hard comparatively. Try doing an Iron Man Triathlon; moreover, try doing it not just to finish, but to win! That is a two mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride and a 26 mile run as hard and as fast as you can, back-to-back with virtually NO rest. A man named Dean Karnazes ran fifty marathons in fifty states in fifty consecutive days several years ago. That's 26 miles at one time every effing day for FIFTY straight days. let's see an nba player take a bike ride, as hard as he can, up the French alps. Poor little nba players...the game is so tiring... We only get one to two days COMPLETELY OFF, and then we have workout 35-45 minutes again. Aw...

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hi Scott...A good point in that I always thought it silly that when the playoffs come around, players who are used to playing more or less everyday move to a less grueling schedule. Presumably, it's for the benefit of TV, but still, they should be arguably more rested during playoffs...T

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Valid point, but James invites the comparison IMO. After all, he must have chosen uniform # 23 for a reason, and he is good enough at least to be in the conversation. Hence, when he comes up short such as this year, people naturally will find him wanting in the face of a legend who was perfect in championship play. Hard to top that...T

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Mj and lebron are just different. Mj was a shooting guard and Lebron is a multi positional player. Leb is magic with speed and hops. Hes second best player to ever lace em up

Is curry best all time shooter? Reggie was best i ever saw but id give edge to curry if he can keep it up

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is an excellent post. I completely agree.

Lebron James is possibly a top 10 all-time, but no way is he even close to being 2nd best all-time.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Mike...Too many championship losses? Not well rounded enough? Something else?...T

18. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    In regards to Curry, we are seeing the beginning of greatness...This year, Steph Curry has established himself as the most prolific long shooter in playoff history. Reggie Miller held the old mark of 58 Treys over 22 playoff games...Curry has now scored 95 Treys over only 20 playoff games! He averaged 42% from beyond the 3 or line this year's playoffs. He is not just a shooter though, as he demonstrates an all around game of averaging 28 pts/game, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds a game. We are seeing a different type of player than we have ever seen in Curry, and yet all the media can talk about is about "poor" Lebron James! In the Bay Area, we have had the privelege of seeing Curry play like this the whole year. Most people have not and are just seeing how his guy plays for the first time during the Finals.

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Switching teams to win a championship, and not to mention playing second fiddle on that team.

20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Dont understand second fiddle

And why are gsw called the dubs?

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Second fiddle means you are not the star of the show. In Cleveland, he was the star that almost got the job done. In Miami, he took a back seat to Wade and Allen. Thanks to them, he has 2 titles (extra special thanks to Allen for nailing a game tying 3-pointer at the buzzer, otherwise he'd only have 1 title)

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think it comes from the "W" (double-u or dub for short) in Warriors. Kind of like some people call Volkwagens a VW of V-dub?
    T

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I don't know if "back seat" is a completely correct characterization of LeBron's stay in South Beach. However, I think most would concede that he had more help with Wade & co. when he won his two championships (and to be fair, lost 2) than when he lost his 2 Finals with CLE…T

24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    anyone that thinks wade, bosh, etc got a title for LeBron did not watch many games. yes allen hit an amazing 3 vs spurs but the heat were lebrons team and no one who knows would even try to deny that.

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lmao. Stretching a bit, aren't we? Next you're gonna tell us that when Shaq was there that it was Shaq's team huh?

That is, was, and always will be Wade's team.