lebron legacy | Page 4 | FerrariChat

lebron legacy

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    good points
    I feel wade and bosh were diminished by time they got to finals together. bosh had hurt foot one year and wade was on downside of career. mediocre players like miller, birdman, and jones were just as responsible for helping LeBron as were wade and bosh

2. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    take home from tonight is to notice what happened to cavs during the few minutes LeBron was on the bench. they totally fall apart and have no idea what to do with the ball. its like a middle school team with one star player who has to do everything.

he is taking it to a level I haven't seen before and I believe even the confirmed LeBron haters will shut up if this continues

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    And consider this too. Delivadova storyline is similar to the way jeremy linsanity was with knicks few years ago. But Carmelo treated him as a threat to his stardom and jr smith felt embolden to say lin didnt deserve a max contract. Now lebron calls deli a man of steel. Do you think the same idiot jr would dare criticize deli? No way. Lebron smart enough to realize deli importance and lays down the law. Thats leadership

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

he was electric tonight!! exciting game and LeBron played inspired.

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

deli played his heart out!!

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Talking to my son he had this to say

Lebron is going to win because he has no fear of gsw. He was afraid of spurs. And the garnett and pierce celtics too. Remember all the cramping he would get vs them? And missed free throws?

He looks at steph and company as children who can be beaten into submission. With confidence there are no cramps and no missed free throws.

This might be biggest difference w mj. He feared nothing. Ever.

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'm starting to think that LeBron is reading this thread for motivation! Making us old school guys eat our words. And, making 95spiderman look like the Swami! ;)
    T

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree with your son

9. daviddallas

daviddallas Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    He is running at out gas trying to do everything himself... Clev is done, which is too bad... I would rather the bay area not get another championship...

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    This will test his mettle. They still have a couple of days off until game 5. I think most significantly, Cleveland gave the home court advantage back to GS. And, they may feel as if the worm has wriggled off the hook. Memphis had them on the back foot in their series, and then GSW turned it on. At any rate, this is shaping up to be a great series IMO…T

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I see gsw winning game 5 in complete blowout then finishing it off in close game 6. Theyre just too deep. Clev taking it to a gm 7 would be miraculous. Maybe if jr goes unconscious like against bulls...

12. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Watching the NBA Finals and also reading threads like this just reinforces how Eastern based the media is, as every single sports anchor personality through game 3 already anointed "King James" as the likely champion and "one of the greatest of all time" and building "his legacy". When the Cavs win as ugly as they do, with slowing the pace, isolations with Lebron and rebound Lebron's misses, Lebron is the greatest. When the Cavs lose, then poor Lebron does not have any help. Lebron has been phenomenal in these finals, but it was big timely plays in the 4th quarters by Dellavedova that pushed them over to win Game 2 and 3. After losing Game 4, Lebron said that winning game 5 in Golden State was "not a big deal". Even in the post game of the Cavs game 5 loss, Lebron says he is not worried because he is "the greatest player in the World" that is handling most of the burden. If I was his team mate I would not be too happy that he said this, even if it was true. Sounds to me like He is just watching all of the Sportscenter commentary about his Legacy and not his Teams Upcoming Must win Game 6 in Cleveland. Hopefully the Warriors can finish this out in Cleveland.

13. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Any way lebron can win mvp if cavs loose?

And i sure hope iguodola gets it over curry.

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Mvp from losing team in championship series can happen, but is rare, at least among the big three American sports. Once in baseball World Series & Super Bowl & NBA Finals according to Google...T

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Didn't see interview, but if true, not a good idea to say it, true or not, especially with series still under way. A good leader should defer praise to his team, and deflect calumny on to him/herself IMO...T

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If Lebron and the Cavs beat the Warriors to win the title, it will go down as one of the greatest performances in NBA history. Lebron will finally get some respect. I already have him above Kobe. However, to put things in perspective, Steph Curry isnt surrounded by solid All-Star players either and hasnt been all year round. He is surrounded by role players who have elevated their games playing with him. This is what a good player/leader does... Elevates his teammates' game. I also felt the Cavs got to the finals a bit too easy (lack of solid competition compared to west coast) to begin with. Either way, i think this year was great for NBA Basketball. Lots of teams giving themselves a fair shot at the title.

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    curry has no all star teammates? what?!

klay Thompson is 3rd team all nba. iguodola is multi time all star. as is lee. they are a very deep and excellent team. cavs without kyrie and love are an average d league team

18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Klay Thompson is a fresh all star player who made it because he elevated his game this year. He's one of those in this year out next year type of all star. Hes not a solid all star like Kevin Durant, Tim Duncan , James Harden. His performance in the playoffs (where it matters) hasnt been spectacular imo. More of a solid role player type to me.

Igoudala is a well known dunker who has resorted shooting 3s. Im not even sure if hes made All Star previous years. Definitely not on same caliber as a Blake Griffin or Chris Paul although he has played collectively well this year. Kyrie Irving is more of an All Star than both of them. Cavs are definitely short handed right now, but at least Lebron and the cavs have had him up until this point. Season wise you can argue Lebron was surrounded by more talent this year than Curry. However, collectively, the Warriors are playing with better chemistry and all cylinders are firing properly, so it "looks" like Curry is surrounded by star players.

19. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

#94 norcal2, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Lebron...not..go Warriors! The coverage was so skewed...mute worked good..and the boos at Cleveland were compelling...

20. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Okay...first of all, Lebrun is a crappy shooter with a now mediocre post up game. If you're taking 38 shots to score 44 points...BFD. If he hits half of the shots a good shooter would've hit in this series, it's a different series.

The guy is no MJ. Period. Not athletically, mentally, or otherwise. He's bigger and that's about it. In his prim, MJ was quicker, and a greater leaper, by quite a big margin on the latter, in fact ( a verified 48 inch vertical) And...here is the one thing SO many people miss when comparing say Kobe to MJ or LBJ to MJ, that being Jordan's huge hands. Kobe and James have pedestrian hands and therefore do not have anywhere near the ball control that Michael did; Michael could score and dunk in ways and from angles that the other two are incapable of.

Go back and watch the early youtube vid of MJ prior to his first retirement...just freakishly gifted and so beautiful to watch. LBJ...more like a bull than a gazelle; well-rounded but awkward and even ugly sometimes...oh, an now 2-4 in the finals.

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Couldve been 1-5 without the Ray Allen shot. Basically, 1 convincing NBA championship run with one of the most stacked team in NBA history.

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Don't forget, Jordan never got called for traveling. ;)
    Just kidding. Warriors proved resilient...T

23. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Agreed.

24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Omg its so weak that the lebron hater lie in wait for cavs to loose before posting.

Mj is best athlete world has ever known. Maybe one of the best of anything like einstein w physics, mozart w music, etc. Regardless, he was never asked to do as much in a playoff run as lebron just did. Lebron was key figure of every play on offense and defense with a d league supporting cast. Get def rebound, bring ball up, hold it for 20 sec, drive, either score or get assist. For 45 minutes. He would have done as well with 4 random college players. Mj never had to carry that load. And mj never faced playoff competition as stiff as spurs or gsw

Lebron is 2nd best bball player all time

25. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

#100 norcal2, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    Hater? no..tired of hearing all the lebron hype, the coverage...and the excuses and the blame when he loses...its a team sport....
    There are many athletes in the world, in many different sports.....
    And follow the money..ABC hyped Lebron all through this..Disney owns ABC..Lebron has a TV show with them and ESPN and other relationships..so money talks...winners win.