250 PF Coupe 1433GT | FerrariChat

250 PF Coupe 1433GT

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by El Wayne, May 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  2. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Fabulous........I love the two tone paint, if you know what I mean.

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Definitely know what you mean.

4. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Beautiful. Hood chrome around the scoop looks off a SA. Carbs are bare need to be black. Never seen the lower chrome treatment. Battery is upfront not toward by the firewall as most PF's have. Handsome car.

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Lovely. It saddens be a bit that these seem to be permanently moving out of my price range...

6. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Where are these pictures at????

7. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

OK I see them. But why does every restorer delete the brackets for the passenger side head rest. And the ****ing head rest. And it is apparently Ok with judges?

8. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    This is the only other PF coupe I love as much.

john

9. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    I would want to see one old pic of a PF coupe leaving the factory with an hood scope...

10. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    I like it.
    I don't 'a million dollars' like it.
    But that is a conundrum easily resolved, for I do not have a million dollars.

:)

11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    They are taken in an area known as East Shore in The Woodlands, TX, just north of Houston.

12. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Not true, but I am really surpriced if those 36s are the correct carbs for a certified car.

13. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #13 John Vardanian, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Judging from the construction details, like the bracing, the opening guard, as well as other details, this hood is a Pinifarina item. Whether it came with this particular car you won't know until you verify the PF number plaque welded on the front cross member. These hoods often did not come with padding, just the textured coating.

john
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Thanks John. I'm sure any italian coachbuilder could have added without big work an air scoop in the original PF hood.

BTW : it's true the car is just stunning with this colour but it's not original...

15. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    The battery position was to the rear of the engine compartment partially over the foot-well on the early inside plug coupes and then it was moved to the front just behind the oil filter canister; this move happened before chassis 1433, seems sometime in the lower 1200s range of chassis.

The normal inside-plug Pf Coupe had 36DCL carburetors and yes, DCL's were typically painted black. There has been plenty of comment on this.

The headrest on the passenger side seat is not a typical detail, it occurred on some cars but certainly not all. It is more unusual to have the headrest than not.

The lower sill detail could be original, we will likely never know. Same for the hood scoop. Both are representative of details known to have been used by Pininfarina. For example I think the Wax Pf Coupe 0945 used this sill detail; I inspected a GTE that had this same sill detail - a simple enhancement of stainless steel overlay with chrome trim surround, and the attachments and trim profile were pure Pininfarina detail assembly.

The two-tone is a non-original liberty that seems to show-up more and more, as there were only some 22 (?? don't remember the exact numbers) original two-tone inside plug coupes, and about 10 two-tone outside plug coupes.

There are other more questionable odd bits on this car - the generator looks strange, the shift knob is not the fluted knob one expects, the electric panel cover is made up (most had the panel electrics exposed), the oil filler cap drain receptors with drain tubes are from an outside plug motor with the cast necks off the front of the timing case. Painted wheels usually for competition cars.

16. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Aside from having the painted spokes, the correct knock offs are the two eared style not the 2 eared currently on the car.

17. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Geno, from the very early coupes onward, the knock-offs are three ear. Have a look at period promotional photos of 0851 for example.

18. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Three ear is correct as far as I know. Anyway this car is worth every penny of the asking price in todays market. I wouldn't be too concerned how much an original shifter knob costs. I do hope a correction happens and very soon. Otherwise I will never see another Vintage Ferrari in my garage.

19. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Sorry typo I meant to say that 3 eared are correct not the 2 eared currently on the car...

20. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    The advertizing posts plenty of pictures and they show this car to be a good, wholesome specimen. Even the two-tone is tastefully done. Aside from absence of 36DCL's the rest of the shortcomings are small issues.

john

21. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I met the two owners of the TX dealership selling the car at The Concours D'elegance last year. They sold a delivery miles Heritage Edition Ford GT that set a world record price. Very nice people with a good eye for nice cars.

Geno