1998 Ghibli no warm air inside. | FerrariChat

1998 Ghibli no warm air inside.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 456 koirra, May 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 456 koirra

456 koirra Karting

Aug 18, 2005
    Finland
    Bought a 1998 Ghibli just earlier today. I am very happy with the purchase. I have found one fault though... I do not get warm air inside?! That function would be nice as it is still chilly here in Finland at this time of the year. Otherwise the control unit appears to work.

2. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    Hi,

The nineties Ghiblis are highly underrated, which is a great shame. One of the later examples of a Maserati with a Maserati built engine.

It would be nice to see some photos.

Thank you.

3. 456 koirra

456 koirra Karting

Aug 18, 2005
    Finland
    #3 456 koirra, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    #4 mamamia, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. 456 koirra

456 koirra Karting

Aug 18, 2005
    Finland
    Thanks! I have not. I am by the car next week, will try that aasap. Will let you know.

6. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    What a stunning car and it's my dream to own one. Please keep us posted on your experiences

7. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    #7 mamamia, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
    Hi,

Unfortunately Maserati, for reasons best known to themselves, neglected to publish any workshop manuals for the Ghibli II. Mechanics were advised to use the service manual produced for the Quattroporte IV.

It's rare for the later control units to be faulty, but you never know.

8. 456 koirra

456 koirra Karting

Aug 18, 2005
    Finland
    Hi,

Very good info, thank you!!

Would the Quattroporte IV service manual be available online somewhere? Or some other manual that would be useful.
    I have loved Maseratis since age one but now totally new to the ownership of one.

Will check the control unit asap and keep you posted.

Thanks for your help and the kind words.

Erkki

9. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It's been here for years now: Free Maserati Quattroporte IV Tech Manual

10. 456 koirra

456 koirra Karting

Aug 18, 2005
    Finland
    Thanks Bob!!

11. 456 koirra

456 koirra Karting

Aug 18, 2005
    Finland
    Ended up booking the car into a service shop for next Wednesday. Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

12. 456 koirra

456 koirra Karting

Aug 18, 2005
    Finland
    I have forgotten to update you regarding this fault in the car! Apologies. It ended up being a hose that was bent flat and hence no warm air circulating.

I noted that I had forgotten to tell you when I was looking for how to read the manuals. I cannot get the manuals from the link below. Are still there and I am doing something wrong!?!?

And then... if someone knows how to get headlights or headlight glasses from somewhere please let me know!!

Thanks,

13. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This has been a problem for years and they periodically show up from time to time.

Interestingly, when they produced the Ghibli Open Cup EVO upgrade in 96 they produce different headlamp mounting hardware, used F355 headlights and then produced some crude fiberglass surrounds for them. These parts were still available 10 years ago but I'm sure they're gone now. Japanese market versions. Not as lovely looking as the originals.

Check the usual places ... McGrath's, Eurospares etc. Maybe even the Japanese club. Enrico might be able to help out with that one.

Put some stoneguard film on them once you do find them.

I bet the tooling is still around to do another run. Maybe a march on the factory by Ghibli II owners demanding a new production run? LOL :D

Those links work fine for me under WIN 7 Pro using Chrome.