Current Testarossa Values | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Current Testarossa Values

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by UAS, Nov 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Yes, depending on condition if the `86 goes well within estimate it could be a bit of a bargain!

That one at Artcurial in February went for £145k GBP - with 25,000 miles on the clock.

Ok this has 45,000 miles but I suppose what`s knocked the estimate down a bit is the painted lower regions and non original paint - but to me that`s why it could be a bit of a bargain because it says original colour was Bianco (white).

The yellow looks cool but with some effort you could have a nice white flying mirror Testarossa for sensible money!

Doesn`t get more 80`s than that!

Dom.

2. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Dom, just noted you had already pointed out this auction on this thread. Sorry for the replication. Will be an interesting day for 80s and 90s Ferraris.

3. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Hey, no worries dude :)

I'll watch it on the net, as I'm up here in Yorkshire lol.

Anyway, I scraped in just in time 3 years ago to get my TR and that was at the cheap end of the market even then - so defo not going in person to an auction with 6 TR's in case I get tempted and end up bankrupting myself lol!

Have a gud day (and don't sit in front of the camera)!

Dom.

4. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Dominic, please post up results if able for the rest of us.

5. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Yeah sure I will providing my trusty internet connection holds up :p

Auction is 23rd so 2 weeks away yet.

Dom.

6. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    +100

7. alexwagner

alexwagner Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2013
    Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Alex Wagner
    Yeah, I suspect this yellow monospecchio has a full glass-out respray to original white factored into the price.

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I'll try and take some pix. And try not to bid..

9. RAE

RAE Rookie

Mar 25, 2015
    Dubai. U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Gaurav
    I have to say, mine feels like a bargain when looking at these numbers - not displeased at all :)

10. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Hi, that auction is just a week away now - but in the meantime there were a couple of cars at a Coys UK auction today.

As you can see there`s not much in the way of descriptions though....

The first a LHD 1992 512 TR in Red / Crema (no mention of mileage) which all in went for about £115k GBP / 160 euro / $180 US.

Then a LHD 1987 Testarossa in Red / Tan? though it says Creme, 41,000 miles didn`t sell but reached £60k GBP bid which if genuine would have had the buyer paying a little under 70k GBP / 95 euro / $110 US had it been accepted.

I thought that would have been a fair amount for a UK sale of a LHD 87 with 40,000+ miles but estimate showed they were expecting £70k-90.

On the other hand though you can`t get anything else mid engined and 12 cylinder for less than about 3 times what the seller would have come away with, so I don`t blame them!

Dom.

11. 512man

512man Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tobbe
    Anybody knows where or how to view Silverstone auctions online today?

12. dinos

dinos Karting

Jan 6, 2013
    Athens - Greece
    Full Name:
    Dinos
  13. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Cool didn`t know there were a few different sites.

I use this one as you don`t have to register - and it`s where you end up from the Silverstone site in a round about way so must be legit:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/all-webcast-auctions.asp?asvt=live

Once auction is live you will have option to enter live auction - and after a few popup windows there will be the live bidding info and also an option to click for audio - and then video also if you wish.

Not sure if the video works on certain tablets/phones though.

Oh just spotted this 1986 Flying mirror Testarossa with 65,000 miles at Bonhams auction tomorrow too:
    http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22722/lot/118/

Pretty sure it`s the one that went for around £65,000 GBP in September last year.

Dom

14. 512man

512man Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tobbe
  15. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Well, just a quick update, those were interesting prices!

(inc. commision of 12.5% - and 20% VAT on the commision) £1 = 1.4 euro = $1.55 US.

The 1986 Testarossa flying mirror with 45K miles in non original yellow sold and works out all in about £97k GBP / 135k euro / $147 US.

The 1989 Testarossa with 6k miles in red sold and works out about £133k /187 euro /$206

The 1994 512 TR with 28K miles in red sold and works out at £109k /152 euro /$169

The 1990 Testarossa with 9k miles in nero carbonia was bid to £90k and didn`t sell.

The 1994 512 M with 11k miles in yellow was bid to £240k and didn`t sell.

The 1991 Testarossa with 34k miles in red was bid to £80k and didn`t sell.

These were all LHD.

Haven`t seen any of the cars personally but I would have said that the 86, 89 and 91 (even though it didn`t sell) seem to have done well, but the 90 and the 512 TR didn`t.

Don`t know what to make about the 512 M as I`ve never really seen enough of them go through to compare.

Dom

16. martinperry

martinperry Karting

Jun 4, 2008
    Sawbridgeworth, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin Perry
    #716 martinperry, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Silverstone auctions
    1 above bottom estimate - the Yellow Monospechio - still a bargain @ £85K / 80K est
    2 sold (below estimate) One the Swiss Testarossa £116K / est 120 and the 512TR £95K /110 est (Bottom estimates)
    3 unsold - including the daft price F512M
    Interestingly, the 355s seem to have mainly made about top estimate.
    I think a case of saturation on TRs!!

17. martinperry

martinperry Karting

Jun 4, 2008
    Sawbridgeworth, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin Perry
    Beat me to it Dom!

18. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Oops hehe!

Yeah when you include the comission the final results of the 86, and 89 I think are pretty strong - bearing in mind both are LHD being sold in the UK - and the last one the 91 with 34K miles would have had the buyer paying over 90K total if it had of been a sale - again pretty strong for a LHD 91 with 34K miles.

Like you say though - a lot of Testarossa`s in one auction - and you can`t argue with what people were or were not willing to pay, so a fair indication for the market on this day at least.

Dom.

19. martinperry

martinperry Karting

Jun 4, 2008
    Sawbridgeworth, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin Perry
    I think it says that "on this day in history", as David Coultard annoyingly says all the time, there were only 3 buyers in the room prepared to take a punt at these new levels. First 3 sold, next three didnt. That said, the estimates were all very strong - certainly on the F512
    Also, I think there is a lot of speculative selling being flushed out ATM given the statospheric rises of late - bear in mind that if these cars have been owned for more than 18 months or so, its double your money time.
    The nature of the TR buyer / owner is changing.
    Having just done a 500 mile trip to Somerset in mine, the highlight being screaming up Cheddar Gorge @ 7000RPM, I can assure you I wont be selling it any time soon! However, I may have to saw my feet off, cos at 6'4" I have to get out very 90 minutes or so to uncoil my limbs!!

20. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Yes very true!

They do seem to have gone a bit nuts on some of the estimates which doesn`t really help the seller.

Nevertheless even with what the "non sale" cars reached it does make ours look amazing bargains - and when a rusty old 911 sells for 150k, it just makes you think even more how much of a bargain Testarossa`s are still!

Glad you are enjoying yours now the speed buzzer has been removed! Bet it was a great noise round there. I`ve got a m8 in Sommerset and keep saying I`ll take a trip down there in the Testarossa one summer.

I don`t have a problem being cramped up in mine - I`m 5`5" - and have to have my seat as far forward as it will go!

I`m also one of those ppl that annoyingly for the passenger has to nearly ram it off it`s rails to make sure it`s fully forward each time I get in, just in case it`s been moved - even though I`m the only one who drives it lol.

Anyway enjoy the weather and keep driving! - all I can do is watch auctions and youtube vids of them atm cos it`s off the road while I get my wheels refurbed :(

Dom.

21. martinperry

martinperry Karting

Jun 4, 2008
    Sawbridgeworth, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin Perry
    Similarly, Im on a tyre hunt at the moment - the existing Goodyears were obviously Very old (Japanese tyres dont seem to be date stamped) And have developed some hideous cracks now they've been used on good old English lunar roads!!
    Looking like BF Goodrich at the back and Michelin on the front - cant get a manufacturer who does both without spending comedy money!!

22. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Ah I can`t remember do you still have stock 16`s Martin?

Have you tried superformance? - they list front and rear Michelin Pilote.

As you say not cheap - but there again I had to buy brand new TRX`s for mine when I bought it, so no other tyre will ever seem expensive again to me lol!

Dom.

23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Don't put mismatched tires on a TR. The handling goes away and the car is completely scary. When I bought mine, to pass the PPI, they had to replace the rears. It took me to a while to find a proper set but in the mean time the handling was so off I felt I was driving on uneven pavement the whole time.

Once I put the new full set on, I was amazed what a difference it made.

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice!

24. martinperry

martinperry Karting

Jun 4, 2008
    Sawbridgeworth, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin Perry
    Thanks for the tips
    Superformance are just around the corner - guess I will have to bite the bullet and go with the Michelins - Just silly money though!

25. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    #725 Willdief, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Let's not forget to drive them while we have them! I'm the second owner of a '92 512TR for the past 15.5 years. This memorable event happened on a club drive across the mountains last weekend. The car has been driven regularly and well maintained its entire life and keeps delivering smiles.
    Cheers,
    Will
    Image Unavailable, Please Login