1988 Mondial 3.2 coupe. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1988 Mondial 3.2 coupe.

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Falco, Aug 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raf456

raf456 Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Freiburghouse
    Beautiful car and great color. Mondial coupes are one of Pininfarina's best designs. New owner has a keeper.
    Bob

2. BigSasquatch

BigSasquatch Rookie

Nov 7, 2014
    Sale Pending - finalized or no?

3. Falco

Falco Karting

May 18, 2008
    Cold Lake
    Full Name:
    Chris Martin
    On My third buyer.Deposit will hold until spring or he backs out.
    It will be interesting to see if/how the failing economy effects this sale.
    On another note- fixed roof, side and trunk scratches.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Are things screwed up there because of the fall in oil prices?

5. Falco

Falco Karting

May 18, 2008
    Cold Lake
    Full Name:
    Chris Martin
    Hi Ryan,
    Falling oil prices will affect smaller oil companies, and exploration and development for everyone. Contractors providing services are being cut back as well.
    Currently, running operations run at a very low break even point, particularly SAGD operations. Even though the Canadian bitumen sells at a discount, most can weather the current crisis. So things aren't too bad up here.

Fracking operations will likely suffer as ther cost is around $80+ per barrel, some close to $180.The US Has surpassed Saudi Arabia in oil production this year. Though, it is not just a supply problem. The Demand in North America has been declining since 2008 and it was hoped that China would pick up the slack but it is not happening.

It will be interesting to see how it all turns out and how it affects the economies of our nations.

6. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    I don't understand why you are taking a deposit with payment in Spring when you have buyers ready to buy now with payment in full?

7. Falco

Falco Karting

May 18, 2008
    Cold Lake
    Full Name:
    Chris Martin
    I tried that but the deals fell through when shipping costs to the US were found to have increased exorbitantly in the last couple years.
    The new buyer is wanting to drive it home. I will have to be patient.
    I have settled for more than I originally asked for. And with the US dollar rising against the Can dollar, I stand to do a little better yet -If the dollar doesn't crash by spring LOL.
    No one has made me an offer to buy with payment in full.
    Everytime I walk by the car or look at the posters I've made I feel a pang of regret and its not even gone yet.

8. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I too am in USA, bought a car from Quebec about 2 years ago; I LOVE that color!!!!!!!!! Doc

9. Falco

Falco Karting

May 18, 2008
    Cold Lake
    Full Name:
    Chris Martin
    I have had quotes range from $2000 + fees(undisclosed) for open carrier to $4500, with many in the $3K range - To transport 1600 Miles across the border. Three years ago the samething was around $1200.
    This wasn not including what ever the US customs or the State would charge for importation.I paid $300 for an open carrier for 1100 miles in Canada( BC to AB) in 2012.

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Do you have a quote from TFX? BTW, I would love to own that car. I wish I could.

11. Falco

Falco Karting

May 18, 2008
    Cold Lake
    Full Name:
    Chris Martin
    Hi Claude, I had so many qoutes that I don't remember if one was from TFX.
    If this sale does not go through I will likely keep the car. It is beautiful and fun to drive. I would like to try another F-car sometime though.

12. Falco

Falco Karting

May 18, 2008
    Cold Lake
    Full Name:
    Chris Martin
    For those that have been inquiring, this car has been sold to a very nice man in L.A.
    Thanks for all the interest

Chris

13. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    Congratulations, Chris.

14. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Congrats - stunning car! Sorry I didn't see this a few months ago..

15. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Congrats to you Chris and to the new owner as well.

My 88 Coupe is off to its next caretaker in a just a few days.

16. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Chris, sorry to have missed the opportunity. Happened a second time with Wade. What are the odds, its heartbreaking. Hope to find another one soon. You are both great gentlemen thank you for your time and great info. If anyone else is selling a Mondial please PM me. Grazie.

17. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #42 hank sound, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Congrats Chris,

I live in Burbank (L.A. area) so I'll absolutely be looking for his new to him, prugna coupe.

It was a stunning prugna T cab (pic attached) that grabbed my heart eleven years ago, and inspired me to look for a Mondial T Cab. That search ultimately resulted in my finding the Rod Stewart/Rachel Hunter Valeo T (pic attached).

So, what's next, Chris? :)

Hank
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Falco

Falco Karting

May 18, 2008
    Cold Lake
    Full Name:
    Chris Martin
    Hi Hank, I already miss the Mondial. It was great to drive(and look at!), but time to move on. The new owner will take delivery in two weeks in Vancouver and drive from there to L.A. It should be a nice trip.
    As for another F car I have been eyeing the 612's and a few Californias. I really liked the Bordeaux 599 that was for sale here. Anyway, I will keep my eye out for something that strikes my fancy.

Chris