Vintage brochure & manual value inquiry... | FerrariChat

Vintage brochure & manual value inquiry...

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by TTR, Apr 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Not sure if this is appropriate forum section for this, but other than eBay etc what would be a good place or website to try to establish realistic, fair market value (pending condition etc...) for some original(?) Ferrari manuals and sales brochures, both in English & Italian from early '50's (212/250/340/342,etc) to '80's (512BB,etc)
    Would any one here be able to educated advise of their value if I post pictures & brief description of condition ?
    A friend (with no specific Ferrari interest) just over the weekend bought a box(?) full of such literature in a yard sale and offered them to me. I could probably get them for next to nothing, but I'd like provide this friend a fair compensation, since they probably end up in my private library and not for resale market with expectations highest potential return. For example, manuals include an original(?) 212-250-340-342 service manual (in Italian) in aged/used (=fair?) condition. Any thoughts ?
    Timo

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    PM sent.

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #3 TTR, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    Wow, now that's fast reply...LOL
    PM returned.
    Thanks.

4. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    PM Sent

Ken Goldman

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Our sponsor FerrariLiterature.com is a known clearing house, of lost/stolen/misplaced items related to Ferraris...

I use them to benchmark what items like yours can bring in the current market, but Ebay always "know best"...

6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    First, I wish thank every one who has already replied so far, both here and privately via calls, emails, PM's, etc.

Secondly I'd like to clarify couple of things:

I don't have the items yet. The friend I mentioned in my OP will be bringing everything probably later this week (or so). I can post pics and condition descriptions once I have them.

As I also mentioned, I'm not attempting to offer any for sale, unless the batch includes duplicates, including items I might already have in my private library, or items I don't personally find interesting..., but that would perhaps come later.

I'm merely trying to establish compensation value that would be fair for both of us. He's a good friend and although might even insist on giving them to me, I do not wish to take advantage of ones kindness.

Thank you for understanding.
    Timo

7. hhibbett

hhibbett Karting

Aug 24, 2008
    Since you want some of the items for yourself, you could pay him what you think they are worth to you, and, if you wind up selling some of the other items, you could offer him a percentage of the selling price for those items.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Could be big money.

My complete set 308GTB 1976-77 books IN the leather binder, are $4,500.00USD

Older vintage cars would be more, often WAY more.
    HTH

9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Update: Most of the "interesting" items turned out be reproductions and those that aren't are some 308 or later model sales brochures, etc for which realistic values were relatively easy to establish with brief i-net search.
    Basically, I offered him 10 fold compensation which we agreed was fair for both of us.
    I'll keep all in my personal library, but wish to thank for all offers to advise & assist.
    Timo