Cicognani Rubber | FerrariChat

Cicognani Rubber

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by drew365, Apr 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    I'm getting frustrated trying to order rubber seals from this company. I sent an original email that they took 10 days to reply to. I thought that was bad. Tomorrow it will be two weeks since I sent a list of items I want to purchase, and no reply. They told me they ship in 8 to 10 days. But if they take this long just to communicate with, I'm skeptical that they will ship that quickly. Has anyone had better luck than I'm having, or is this typical?

2. mbzgurl

mbzgurl Karting

Oct 3, 2010

Hi Drew,
    Why not try calling them like the old days?
    They actually speak English and can answer you on the spot.

Here's the number:

01139 – 544 83311.

I ordered some parts for our Lusso, and had no problems, but, I called them direct.
    Also, they are always at the Italian car parts show with a pretty good display of rubber kits.
    You can also have your Italian friend order the seals for you to save time.

3. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    Thanks, I didn't think I could call and converse in English. I'll give it a try. Yes, my next step was to have a friend that speaks Italian make a call. I guess the phone is still relevant.

4. mbzgurl

mbzgurl Karting

Oct 3, 2010
    Originally quoted by Sinkman:
    "I bought a whole rubber set for my 365 Gt 2+2 restoration and some were completely wrong. I never used them! front 1/4 vent rubbers, pedal rubbers to name two. To be fair many were fine. Buyer beware. Eurospares in the UK is another source worth considering."

Andy,
    If you have a problem, please send me a pm and I'll give you another name and number.
    Thanks 😊

5. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    I don't know if you've looked through my thread "Bianca Neve – 330GT 6227 awakes from a long slumber" but I ordered every conceivable piece of rubber for my car as it was compleltely stripped for painting.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vintage-thru-365-gtc4-sponsored-vintage-driving-machines/382444-bianca-neve-%96-330gt-6227-awakes-long-slumber.html

I dealt with Luca & Michela and I found buying direct from Cicognani was about 1/2 the cost of buying from N.A. supplier and the service was superlative. If you go to the thread and look at entry #82, you can see a little drawing Luca did when there was some confusion on my part if a part number was correct. I doubt you'll get that level of service from many companies!

cheers

6. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    Thanks, that's good to hear. That's why I asked. I didn't have any experience with them and was starting to wonder if I would be able to buy from them. I'll try calling them direct.

7. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    I have purchased directly from them and the service and parts were both fine. I feel they try to do the right thing.
    Malcolm

8. hg

hg Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2005
    I have also purchased directly from them but at their factory. They are located in a town near Ravenna but are hard to find. They occupy a fairly large building and were super friendly.

9. drew365

drew365 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    The Valley, L.A.
    Full Name:
    Andy Ritter
    Well, I guess that's an option. I'll run it by my wife. I'm pretty sure she'll think visiting the factory is a wonderful idea.

10. hg

hg Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2005
    I took the opportunity to visit Ravenna which is a beautiful city and off the tourist map. At the center of the city off the main square there is a small chapel where Dante's tomb is located...very nice. I had lunch and then proceeded to Cicognani. Ravenna was the capital of the Bizantine empire and an old roman city.

11. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    To the two users hi-jacking this thread with forum-stalking and legal threats: Let it go.
    The offending posts have been deleted.

To everyone else: Please disregard and carry on.