2016 F12 Ordering Questions | FerrariChat

2016 F12 Ordering Questions

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Bud Who?, Apr 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bud Who?

Bud Who? Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Florida
    Full Name:
    SRF Y '04
    Ordering a new 2016 F12. I was told when they come back from August vacation the model year changes.

Should I get:

1. Corsa red or Scud red? (opinions)

2. Premium Hi-Fi Radio or is Standard good enough?

2. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Corsa red is more true red, and Scuderia has an orange tint to it. Either is fine. Personally, I prefer a metallic paint on the new body styles.
    I didn't pay for the premium stereo. My salesman in fact discouraged purchase. I don't use the radio that much.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I finally saw corsa and scud red next to each other on a few speciales and preferred scuderia as its a very sporty car. I don't think it would look right on the f12 or ff though.

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats on the allocation - Corsa with black wheels and corsa calipers would look nice

Standard radios are not that great Premium would be nicer

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I consider myself an audiophile. Love electrostatic speakers. I would always wonder if I were missing something without the premiums. Have it on all the time in the 458.

If you do not listen to music much then I would not get it.

I like Rossa Corsa better. Scuderia is too orange for me.

6. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I personally think that if you want red in an F12 then it should be Rosso Berlinetta or Rosso Maranello.

These colours suit the car heaps better.

7. Bud Who?

Bud Who? Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Florida
    Full Name:
    SRF Y '04
    Thanks much guys for the responses. I have one other question at the moment.

Do any of you have experience with the Ferrari 3m film on the front of the car. One minute I'm hearing let the factory do it and then I hear the factory does a sloppy job and I should have it done when the car comes in?

Thanks

8. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    As for the film, I'd never let Ferrari do it. They can't do paint right, so I'd hate to shell out a lot of money on a film that would just have to be removed to correct flaws in the paint under it. Get the car, have a complete paint correction done by a qualified detailer who knows exotics. Then consider what to do. Either wrap the most exposed areas or do a complete wrap. The selfhealing Xpel Ultimate seems to be the film of choice for many at the moment. Waiting to have my 991 wrapped, but my detailer is on vacation...

As for Rosso Corsa or Rosso Scud. On an F12, as many have said - neither. I'd do Rosso Fiorano or Rosso Maranello, or perhaps if Rosso Corsa is a must, I'd look into the new metallic Rosso Corsa used on the 488GTB.

9. herenow

herenow Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2014
    US of A
    If you every use the radio or iPod the premium stereo is almost required with the F12 in particular. I have the standard and it was a huge mistake, it is the worst sound system I have ever experienced. I think they make is purposefully lackluster so you never turn it on and just listen to the live band coming from the exhaust :)

10. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    If you want to go a shade of red, consider rosso fuoco...it's absolutely stunning in person, especially on a larger grand touring car like the F12. Personally I would reserve rosso corsa/scuderia for a mid-engine Ferrari.

11. cmw

cmw Rookie

Feb 10, 2011
    Dubai,UAE
    Full Name:
    Clint M Wilfred
    I've got a Scuderia And Black (red stitching)
    My 599 is a corsa.
    I would recommend the Scud

12. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    I second Russo Fuoco. That color is perfection and just suits a car as expensive as the F12. The RF LaFerrari in the UK is just jaw dropping.

If you like the orange look just go all the way with Russo Dino. IMO it looks better than Russo Scuderia.

13. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    Rosso Berlinetta all the way.

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Have it done when the car comes

15. Alizzi

Alizzi Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Please get yellow callipers!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. rjn21

rjn21 Karting

Dec 3, 2013
    UK
    #16 rjn21, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1. Colour. Exclusively personal choice. Pick whatever makes you happy, not a future buyer. I chose Rosso Scuderia as I liked the more orangey tone, others don't.

2. Audio. I've had both systems in F12s. Standard audio is poor. It plays radio stations, ipods, bluetooth streams, but its actual sound is mid '80s Ford saloon quality - like a 1 DIN, generic brand head unit wired directly to 4 speakers with no amps. It works, but if you are interested in sometimes listening to good audio, it's not very good. If you consider the freebie white in ear-phones you get FoC with any Apple product ok, then standard is fine. If you use your own Shure, Etymotic, Bose or even Beats headphones and you think they are better, you will want the Premium audio. Premium also adds voice control, but it's very slow and inaccurate, to be of limited use. Premium does not represent in quality its option price, but it is better than standard and I would spec it again. After market systems are going to sound better, but you will lose some space somewhere to fit the signal combiner and after market amps.

3. Film. Attached are 2 pics with factory film. I only got it because the dealer need to hit their average per car options target, so it was FoC to me. The film has a little horse on the front right bumper. Big wow. There are some bubbles under the film and some contaminants. I wouldn't choose again, even if FoC. If you do go to an aftermarket film installer, I'd recommend also covering the black brake duct intake doors. Mine have stone chipped, whereas the rest of the car seems fine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Bud Who?

Bud Who? Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Florida
    Full Name:
    SRF Y '04
    Absolutely getting yellow calipers, thanks.

18. Alizzi

Alizzi Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Matthew

Nice to hear :D

19. Bud Who?

Bud Who? Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Florida
    Full Name:
    SRF Y '04
    I was just told that my 2016 F12 order is being moved up due to an allocation increase. Does anyone have any idea if there will be any changes at all for 2016?

20. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    The F12 Speciale/GTO will start delivery in Spring 16. Not sure how that may affect "standard" models in terms of any upgrades.

Also small point, in 2010 when I was at the factory speccing my 599 GTO I wanted yellow calipers. The guy running the Atelier advised me against this. His rationale was yellow calipers draw the eye away from the whole. My GTO is in Ferro with carbon everywhere and silverstone roof. He said I should go with aluminium calipers which I did. It hadn't occured to me how Ferrari sees its cars, the whole first. He was right. Put your fingers over the wheels on a config to see the effect. Anyway each to their own but I've not specced yellow calipers since.

Enjoy.

21. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    One other point on the Ferrari protective film. The last picture above clearly shows the poor paint quality. Notice the swirl marks? Do you want those under the clear bra? I wouldn't.

Once you receive your car get it professionally detailed and then have the clear bra installed.

22. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Wise choice, and what a beautiful two-tone spec. Not only will it draw the eyes, but to me, it also looks like the yellow calipers are a different shade than the shields and wheel center caps. Oh, and on a light/bright red car, they give that "McDonald's" look to boot.

23. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    for whats its worth I ordered rosso corsa and I personally love it . I also got the dark upgrade wheels and yellow calipers they look fantastic together... It sits next to my rosso scuderia .. SCUD and I love that color but did not think I would like it on the F12.. One other thing I upgraded the front spoiler to Carbon fiber and to me it really makes a difference in the looks of the front of the car.. Also I got the dark grill which I would recommend with this color..
    Best of luck I think if you are like me get what you want ...
    By the way I use my F12 as a daily driver (kinda ) and it is perfect..
    Don't forget the yellow tach ..

24. Alizzi

Alizzi Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Matthew

If you don't mind, could we see your beautiful GTO? :)

25. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #25 SCFerrari, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017