CS Market | Page 269 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Agreed Lee ; )

2. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    CS is just so beautiful. Will other car people/non car people agree or are we just delusional?? Haha anyways I don't care lol... This car is perfection to me hehe

3. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    by a few years you prob mean a decade or so....lol! and the first road car to be given this "concoction" was the CS, right? hence it being the most desired concoction for the CS?

4. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I think in 2003 Rosso Scuderia was the color Ferrari painted their Formula One cars (the story being this color looked better on color TV). This color was made available on the Enzo and Stradales. I jumped at the opportunity to order a Stradale painted the same color as the F1 car :) so I personally believe a RS Stradale (especially with the stripe) is the most desired concoction for the CS :)

5. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    yeaps! i believe that too but the CS looks amazing in any colour.... anyway, with knowing that bit of history on on the RS....it literally translates to the "Racing Team Red"(Rosso Scuderia) because Rosso Corsa ("Racing Red") didin't look too good on the tele!

6. JoeLo

JoeLo Karting

Mar 19, 2006
    FL / NY
    #6706 JoeLo, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

RS (#323 paint code) Stradale may look better on TV but RC (#322 paint code) Stradale look better in person, imho. ;)

8. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    As these cars become older, condition will be the determining factor ultimately in terms of what is desirable. There isn't a bad colour for the CS. Stripe can always be added in the end for anyone that wants one.....

9. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Very true as it has been demonstrated with all the pre 70s-80s cars, it's the condition that matters the most.

I agree regarding the colour, they all look awesome full stop!

10. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Smart man!!! Launch collors are always the most desirable as well as launch spec! So if it was launched with a stripe in a certain collor that will make it more desireable as well!

11. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    If I were to chose to get a strad one day it would be Roso corsa with a stripe and alcantera interior. And that's the only spec I would get!!!

12. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That should be easy to find.

13. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Real paint stripe is a lot of money though. I got a quote on it for the scud when I was looking at non striped cars, and it came out to something like 7k usd; plus half the car had to be partially painted and fully re-cleared.

Vinyl looks cool too but not as deep as being under the clear.

I prefer the CS without the stripe. But being honest, if I did not have the scud, I would want Rosso Corsa with stripe. Just iconic combo even if a little common.

14. F430-Scuderia

F430-Scuderia Karting

Feb 22, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Manny
    You're correct bizk...let's make MORE than a decade then! ;-)
    I think that the first cars to be painted Rosso Scuderia were the ones produced when the color was made available to the customers.IMHO it's one of the most beautiful colors,even if I was about to configure a Speciale in Rosso Mugello with Gold anodized rims!
    Cheers
    Manny

15. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Looks like 39426

Nope, won't be that easy... very few actually in RC w/ stripe w/ alcantara.

16. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Stockpro. My search will start next fall in which I will request your help. I just bought an FF and absolutely love it but miss my CS still. This fall is will be ready and she will be my weekend car!

17. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Holla when you're ready. Love that FF!!

18. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Thanks brother. Hey do you ever hit the Redmond town center exotics on Dat in Seattle? Thinking of heading up on a nice weekend

19. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
  20. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    All the stripes are decals, factory or otherwise. The original option cost was $5K on the CS.

21. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

Sigh...this...again.

Yup, all decals.

In the name of completeness, the factory stripe is under the clear coat and thus no "edge" as with after market stick on stripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So...
    How much does it cost to change the seats and steering wheel on a CS?

23. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Back in 2003 a lot of dealers begged their customers NOT to order the stripe. My dealer told me nobody liked the stripe and it would hurt the resale value down the road. It's my understanding that only about 100 Stradales were ordered with the optional stripe.

Stokpro, do you have better numbers for the total number of Stradales with original factory stripe?

BTW, the optional NART stripe on 458 Speciales is paint (not decal) and a $12K option.

24. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Wow, that's an interesting story. Did you buy both of yours from the dealer as first owner or acquire them later on? Have you sold one now for the speciale?

25. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

Come on, ya gotta tell is why?!?