BB Auction 3-27 what? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

BB Auction 3-27 what?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    that car looked very rough. in and out. makes me think the mechanical aspects are needy as well. there is 50-100k worth of work on this car to bring it to a reasonable standard.

then the rhd aspect is worth a premium BUT IN THE UK. so whoever bought it ought to renovate, AND move it to the uk for the re-sell.

2. glabbe

glabbe Karting

Jun 18, 2014
    Leonard, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Dr. Gary Labbe
    I think those wheels played a negative role in the overall impression of the car. They looked horrible. The listing stated that they had an extra set of wheels. If those wheels were original they might have at least displayed them or spent the $500 to refinish the wheels that were on the car back to the original finish.

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Over on the Dino thread there is someone who looked at the 210K Dino, a bondo car needding everyhting, he reckoned 150k worth of work, and thta dini prices had softened so its hard to sell a 350k dino.

Assuming the Bb was not great and needed 100k worth of work, you have your answer.

4. qubdent@comcast.net

May 14, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Lucky Dog
    The Dino looks decidedly rough in those pics ...... Door/ fender lines don't line up ..... Poor repair work.
    Engine and engine bay ratty.
    Money pit ...... Good luck
    What's the Mohawk thing on the BB roof at front?

5. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    One thing is absolute fact on BB's; You can not see true car from pictures, BB is a car that you ispect personally. Form pictures I have seen bad cars that look like mint and car that looks little this and that can actually be one of the best original car there are.

For excample: #23125 sold in Retromobile this year, 333,760 €
    Rétromobile 2015 by Artcurial Motorcars - Sale N° 2651 - Lot N° 107 | Artcurial | Briest - Poulain - F. Tajan

I spend lot of time looking this car and from pictures it look like little faded, but in reality it was one few cars with mostly original paint and evrything just right. Little sign of use, little bend on body, but I would take this car over any fixed car. Cheap car for that money.

So is thread starter car priced right? It is rhd car and out in world of lhd, it will always be really challenging to perform overtake in trafic by lurking from wrong side of car, but if you done your lifes work in post office, then it would be perfect for you.

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    333.760 € and cheap???

7. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    ???? the 512BB and Dino seem to be lower than what we expected ; the 512M just auctioned $462K on Mar 14.

8. jamesashe2

jamesashe2 Rookie

Apr 24, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    James
  9. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Nice pictures maybe it will now go where it belongs. Over there. So with fees and misc cost maybe some repairs they have about 300 in it?

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

#35 ferraripete, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    I was joking. The Dino was a reported dog with fleas. The boxer looked a hair better but an rhd. No bubble bursting based on these results.

11. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Does anyone know where s/n 28053 was sold to after this auction?

The car is an original UK RHD car, ordered in Argento Auteuil, but repainted in Rosso Chiaro on instruction from Maranello Concessionaires before delivery to the first owner.

-Ed