Gooding Amelia Island auction - live online now | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Gooding Amelia Island auction - live online now

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by KBS1965, Mar 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolf

Wolf Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    The highbid on my former car, #2401, was 4.7 Mio. David Gooding called me teo days before the auction with some questions regarding the engine.
    Edtimate was 5.5-6.0.

Regards

Wolfi

2. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    To follow on from my last post -

This car sold for $451,000 which was at the low end of estimate but was still VERY strong money for a 330 2+2.
    I dare say that if you'd suggested this kind of money for this car a year ago, many would have thought you mad.

3. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The f+c Dino at Gooding was a very nice car. Certainly the nicest Dino at Amelia. The Dinos at RM did quite well given the quality / condition.

4. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Very unusual trim on the 330 GT with 4-spoke steering wheel, modified bumpers, and what looks like a shortened stick shift (or maybe it's just the shift boot that makes it look shorter). The description hints that they are factory mods, though it makes that claim very indirectly by quoting an old ad listing. I've got a hunch that the subwoofer in the trunk is not from the factory.

5. NYC123

NYC123 Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2006
    sorry I did not mean to knock the car I did not see it was only told by 5 people it does not compare to the quality of mine and was just ok. mine is great so that one could still be very good ... again I did not see it so I did not mean in any way to say its bad. did not mean to come across that way. most importantly I hope the new owner enjoys it.

6. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yours being original paint and in excellent condition is a rare find for sure.

7. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    [QUOTE The Dinos at RM did quite well given the quality / condition.[/QUOTE]

While both houses produce spectacular shows----did it appear to you that RM may have overshadowed (lot quality/prices realized) Gooding last weekend? Do you think that RM's strategy of "under-estimating" works to their advantage vs Goodings' "market to high market" estimates? In what other ways do you perceive differences between the "major houses" and who/how would you choose to present a car at auction? Safe to say Bonham's is the "third" house with maybe greater pull in Europe? Thoughts?

Jack

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    While Gooding has the best presentation--their auctions are a pleasure to attend--RM has been getting the best consignments, pure and simple. All auction companies have had a difficult time getting really good consignments in this market. Bonhams has raised their game considerably in the past year but still a long way to go.