Any one into Brass Cars? | FerrariChat

Any one into Brass Cars?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Attitude928, Mar 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Very cool! How long have you had it?

2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Love it.

3. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    #4 Attitude928, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just got it. Oakland was Pontiac's luxury Dad. The tourer has a 2 cylinder engine that was designed by Alanson Brush when he was chief engineer for Cadillac. They rejected it for a 4 cylinder engine, so he formed Oakland. The engine turns counterclockwise to prevent hand & wrist injuries while cranking. This 20B is Oakland's first model. This is one of two known to exist and the more original of the two. This one was exhibited at the Hershey Museum for a bit, while the other one was exhibited at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. It never had a top and the engine is 152 cubic inches. Brush later produced Brush cars. I plan to tour the car in Chesapeake, VA this May and show it at Macungie, PA this summer. Any idea what this one is?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Gardner 8B Series Imperial Sedan.

5. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    #6 Attitude928, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. dbw

dbw Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    palo alto ca
    Full Name:
    dave
    Does my 08 Cadillac single count??

"One chug per telephone pole"

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I kind of want something like this... what would be a good "starter" brass car? Something that you could tour with, or drive on a country road on a nice day?

8. Attitude928

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    The ultimate tour in the U.S. is the New London to New Brighton Antique Car Run in Minnesota.

History

All vehicles from 1908 or earlier, or any 1 or 2 cylinder vehicles up to 1915 are eligible to participate.

A Metz would be cool... others include Brush, Reo & Maxwell to start.
    Had my eye on a Schacht & Cartercar, but the Oakland was too good of a deal for a car of significance.
    There are many other tours that are less stringent: Horseless Carriage Club of America, the premier Touring Club for Horseless Carriage and Antique Autos & AACA Forums
    Would like to do the Glidden in my Gardner one day.
    This year I'm shooting for Hershey with my Gardner, Macungie with the Oakland, the Franklin Trek to Cazenovia with my 11A, and a Brass tour in NJ with the Oakland.

9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean