F1 Acutuator Leak | FerrariChat

F1 Acutuator Leak

Discussion in '360/430' started by M430, Mar 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M430

M430 Karting

Apr 12, 2012
    tampa, florida
    Full Name:
    marvin
    I have a leak on the low pressure side of my F1 430 actuator. It may be where the feed hose from the reservoir enters the actuator or at the copper washer at the junction. I intend to remove the oeitiker hose clamp and replace with a conventional SS hose clamp and also replace the copper washer. I should be able to recover most of the fluid drained from the reservoir. My question is will I have to bleed the actuator If I do not lose any fluid from the actuator once I remove the feed hose.

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    There will be air in the system once you remove the line, so yes, you will need to have the ability to bleed the air.

S

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i've done that with an SD2.
    takes about 15 min at the dealer.
    I don't feel confident nor do I have any way to do it without the SD2.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Marvin- If that does not do the job, contact GTE Enginnering. They are rebuilding actuators for around $2700 and you are in their neighborhood. Providing you consider Florida a neighborhood. In the West, we would consider it a neighborhood.

Serkan has rebuilt several FChatters' actuators, and did many in Turkey before he moved to the States.

Serkan Ozsacasci
    GTE Engineering LLC
    561 NE 26th Ct
    Pompano Beach, 33064 FL
    USA
    http://www.gte-engineering.com
    E-Mail [email protected]
    TEL 1 (754) 205 0812 M-F 9am|5pm

5. M430

M430 Karting

Apr 12, 2012
    tampa, florida
    Full Name:
    marvin
    Yes, I about Serkan in Pompano, but I don't think anything is wrong with the actuator. The leak is at the end of the feed hose coming from the reservoir. It could be the hose clamp or the washer behind the nut leading into the actuator. That is why I inquired about the necessity to bleed if I only changed one or both of them

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Marvin- Yup, you surely will need to bleed the system. Always a good idea to change the F1 fluid every three years anyway, so a good opportunity. Ferrari finally caught up to that need on the 599, which calls for changing the fluid every 3 years in the maintenance schedule.

7. M430

M430 Karting

Apr 12, 2012
    tampa, florida
    Full Name:
    marvin
    Terry,,

Thanks and I agree with you and others about bleeding, but how do I on a 430 as it is slightly different from what I observed from pics on this site of 360's (electrical connection)