Lost a dear friend in our community | FerrariChat

Lost a dear friend in our community

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by AntonyR, Mar 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    We lost a dear friend the other day to brain cancer. Bret worked in the same office when I was working my "apprenticeship" with David. He always gave me great advice and had my best interest at heart. He brought me on to his non profit to eradicate homelessness in DC.

If any of you old school guys came to the events David and I use to do, you may have met Bret.

Bret was a good man who always wanted to help the people around him. Our friend and fchat member, David (curby), has set up a GoFundMe and I only ask that you share it with friends if you can.

Thank you guys for always keeping this place a community where I can do this. I want to help his family by sharing.

Miracle for this Family by David Dereck Kassir - GoFundMe

2. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Sorry for your loss, and I'm glad to see that this effort exceeded its goal.

3. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    So sorry to read this Anthony. - Al

Sent via itty bitty electrons

4. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    I remember Bret from a couple of events that we did locally. He was a great guy and, if I remember correctly, he was a good tennis player too?

Sad to hear the news...

5. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Greg, Al, Lash..thank you guys!

@Lash, I think you met Bret once by our office and another time when he saw us off to Gucci.