2011 458 Italia in Giallo Triplo Strato f/s | Page 9 | FerrariChat

2011 458 Italia in Giallo Triplo Strato f/s

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by diSCUDsted, Aug 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    wrap it in black, seriously, the problem is the colour.

2. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    R U kidding, if your not there is seriously something wrong with you,lol

3. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    There IS a reason if it's called RESALE RED.

About the black ? That's my personal taste

4. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Not sure if it would sell any differently if it was wrapped. Buyers at this price range are very picky and if they don't like the OEM color underneath they would balk. Personally I love the triple yellow.

5. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    yeah what I was meaning is that if it was red or black it would have already sold IMO

6. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Love this car. Unfortunately flakes come with the territory. Had a deal done on one of my cars a while back and was about to head to the airport to pick the "buyer" up and received a call from him saying he had a dream that told him not to get on the plane. Said I could keep the 1k deposit and deal was off. Hopefully you will get a legit buyer soon.

7. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    well at least u got to keep the 1k.

8. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    The problem is definitely not the color. Everyone that knows or has seen this color in person is in complete awe of it. The problem is people are comparing it to most other 458's that are optioned $40-50k less. Not to mention most people are boring and never want to step outside of the box.

Black? It's most definitely one of the least wanted colors in 458's, and without a doubt in a Scud.

Resale Red....... well, sure. Along with White, which is the new Red.

9. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    ;-)

Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words. For the record though.....The Murcielago color is similar, but in all honesty, the Ferrari Triple Pearl Layer colors are in a league all alone by comparison.

Technically it has been sold 3 times! But somehow, I still have it! lol

Thank you.

Agreed. Thanks.

10. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    For those of you that have never seen this color in person you will never be able to appreciate its beauty. No pictures can give this color it's true justice. I first saw this color in Maranello at the factory in 2010 and could not get my eyes off of it. It is amazing! You must see it in person before you make any comments about the color. I've been reading this thread since the car came up for sale and I must tell you that they're is no way this car should be wrapped? Resale red is not as popular as it once was if you ask me. This is a one of a kind and there is a premium for that!

11. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    the color is not the problem , in pics it looks amazing.. wish i was local to peep in person, the right person will come along. i have sold a PINK range rover... with pink interior.. literally.

12. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    I ordered a Speciale A in Giallo Tristrato. Unfortunately for me, mine will only be in 1/18 scale. But I still love the color. Best of luck in the sale of your car, I am sure it looks awesome in person.

13. johnd87

johnd87 Rookie

Dec 27, 2006
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    John
    If the paint is that much nicer then the one i saw on the Murcielago your 458 must look stunning in person. Too bad its an expensive option from the factory or else i am sure many people would spec their car with that color.

14. boilerup1998

boilerup1998 Rookie

Apr 7, 2014
    Indiana
    What's the current price?

15. FarFerDriver

FarFerDriver Rookie

Feb 22, 2015
    Kind of agree with this.

16. abedh

abedh Karting

May 12, 2013
    Woodinville
    Full Name:
    Abed Husseini
    You guys are all crazy who think wrapping this spectacular color is the right thing to do.
    And Black? Seriously?!?!?!

17. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    +1 These same guys probably drive black honda Civics with a ricer wing and a fartcan,lol

18. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    There is no way a wrap is going to sell this car. If someone doesn't want yellow, in the end, they will still have a yellow car. The wrap will not last forever. There are also many unknowns when you buy a wrapped car. How is the paint underneath? Is the wrap hiding something? Did the guys who wrapped the car end up cutting the paint as they were wrapping it? Etc, etc.

Spring is almost here. This car will be gone soon.

19. GIZZLE

GIZZLE Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 18, 2015
    The market is saturated with 458's with high MSRP's for much less so unless someone wants this specific color it will be a tough sale at or near the asking price.

20. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    I am a bit offended because I own a black Scud. Don't get me wrong I do love your triple pearl yellow. GLWS

21. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    Once again somone with less than 20 posts comes and gives his NON-Example opinion.
    IF your going to make a blanket statement(The market is saturated with 458's with high MSRP's for much less) back it up with examples...Show me and the OP EXAMPLES of HIGH MSRP 2011 458s selling for MUCH LESS than his car. You clowns couldnt even afford the cost of the paint job on it so stick to giving opionions on the V-Dub site,lol

22. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    My apologies. Not my intention at all. But there's been a lot of Scud for sale threads lately where its been brought up repeatedly that the majority of Scuds that don't move or sit the longest are Black ones. I personally just think it's very difficult to appreciate the true beauty and lines of the car when finished in Black.

23. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Prove it.

24. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Some things never change Kevin. smh

25. GIZZLE

GIZZLE Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 18, 2015
    Clowns? Couldn't afford the paint job? Those comments alone prove you are a typical classless forum groupie. Don't get upset over someones opinion. Search eBay or any other site for plenty of examples. Nobody is getting $235k or close to it for 2011 458's. That's just a FACT.