Things have changed | FerrariChat

Things have changed

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by LouB747, Feb 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    #1 LouB747, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Based on my last Delta flight, the class of 1965 is still in the air.

3. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think in other countries they can still hire who they want for any reason they want.. which is no bad thing in my view... there is no "fair" in it at all I know.. but that's life!

At least the criteria here is up front and obvious.. you couldn't complain about "lack of transparency" lol..

4. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Nope....it's the same girls. Just 50 years and 75lbs later.

5. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    On one of my last rotations in Japan, I was staying at the Hilton in Narita. A U.S. major carrier bus pulled up and the flight crew gets off. I kid you not, the last three FA's come down and help the last one. If she was less than 80 I will eat my hat. Her friend pulled her carry on bag because the the eldery FA was pushing a walker......in full uniform. I dont know what was hanging lower, her crew ID or her bra.

Later that night a Korean Air crew walked through the lobby. Not a gal over 110lbs and 30. Every single one, beautiful. And Im not into Asian gals....but dang!

6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    This is just one reason why I avoid US carriers whenever possible…

7. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    HAHAHAHHAHA LOL

8. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Would be an interesting study since I thought mandatory retirement for stewardesses was like age 37 in the 1960's. Where did all of these cranky late middle-age peanut flingers come from and when were they hired?

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    And would they be of suitable physical condition to help in an emergency?

10. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have seen a few that I would bet wouldn't fit through the over wing exit door. Cant get down the isle without hitting passenger shoulders on each side. I am not sure it matters though. I was once in the proverbial theater fire and can tell you first hand 90% of the people aboard, stews included will be an obstacle to an orderly evacuation.

I understand a lot of labor laws, some are actually good but when your business is carrying something by the pound you sure as hell ought to be able to dictate how many pounds of employees you carry around.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It was said in the past that the first priority for flight attendants was to ensure passenger safety. (Remember that the first stewardesses were actually nurses.) I suppost that may no longer be the case.

12. LouB747

LouB747 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Lou Boyer
    Yeah, we stay across the street at the Excel Tokyu. American stays there too. Yeah, it's a really old bunch. I believe a lot of the Asian carriers still have a mandatory retirement age (around 30).

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The way this country has become, if they try to slap a mandatory retirement age for flight attendants, someone will surely yell "age discrimination!".

14. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Yet it works for pilots..

15. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I say FA's need to pass a physical test that is representative of an evacuation, age not factored.

16. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Flew 10 years to Hawaii with the old bats in back. Meanest women you could ever been around (with a few notable exceptions). This is what happens when political correctness and people like our resident "labor law lawyer" here have their way with private companies. You get grandma and the floaters (and no , thats not a rock group) in the back.

Enjoy. And next time you see it, think of who to thank.

17. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    It all went downhill in the 80's, You'd go: "excuse me stewardess" and they'd fire back: "we are flight attendants"

18. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    One of my rides before America West merged with US Airways, my first class stewardess was the epitome of the post one. A regular Morgan Fairchild blonde. Diamonds in the rough are out there.

19. bbpathfinder

bbpathfinder Karting

Mar 29, 2011
    Scottsdale AZ
    Uuh,you're showing your age, no one under the age of 45 knows who Morgan Fairchild is....

20. SloW8

SloW8 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2010
    I am 43 and I know who she is...

:D

21. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Met my future wife in 1968 at LAX. She was flying for United. We could not kiss or hold hands in any airport, period. Funny times back then, but the stewardesses sure looked good. :) :)

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm in my late 20s and first heard about her in my late teens when she was in the Old Navy commercials in the early 2000s. I thought she looked pretty good even with all the plastic surgery, but could still tell she was at least 50.

23. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I'm 42 and know who she is. First saw her on an episode of Magnum PI, she was in her 30's then and I was only 9 or 10. She is older then my Mom. So never got the appeal of her, she was an old lady to me, like my Mothers friends.

24. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    When I flew for ONA or TIA and flying PAX transatlantic or to hawaii it was where is the party tonight (we usually started it in the cockpit :) ). Then EAL, some young cute ones but most old nasty slam,click,lock women. I'm sure they are still flying trips to Paris to pick up gifts for their great, great grand kids!

It was more fun to hang with the gays!

25. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia

For sure

Kai