2004 575M F1 jump to N or any number | FerrariChat

2004 575M F1 jump to N or any number

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by shaikhzeep_212, Feb 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shaikhzeep_212

shaikhzeep_212 Karting

Apr 13, 2006
    Saudi arabia
    Full Name:
    HAM
    Good day,

I have this problem with the car.It jump to Neutral.If it is on 2nd gear and then i shift up the gear shfit to N.Or it jump to the 5 th gear or some times to the 6 th.

Any idea what is it from? by the way the RPM at low or high when this happen.

Thanks

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    H- Have your local dealer put her on an SD2 and see what the problem is. If unaccompanied by any warning lamps, could be a worn clutch and that is easily checked visually with a borescope through an inspection port. The throw-out bearing pin length above its guide will show whether the clutch needs replacing. Could also be air in the system, bad F1 pump, failed F1 pump relay, and several other things, which is why you need an SD2 and someone who knows what they are doing.

Going into neutral is the F1 system's safety mechanism to ensure you are not stuck dead in an intersection in gear with no way to move her.

Most F1 problems are caused by not changing and bleeding the F1 fluid regularly. Like with coolant, it took Ferrari a long time to recommend fluid changes. On the 599 they finally got it right and recommended F1 fluid changes every 3 years.

3. shaikhzeep_212

shaikhzeep_212 Karting

Apr 13, 2006
    Saudi arabia
    Full Name:
    HAM
    To tazandjan,

I will do your recommendation and see what happens.

Thanks

4. shaikhzeep_212

shaikhzeep_212 Karting

Apr 13, 2006
    Saudi arabia
    Full Name:
    HAM
    Terry,
    I found one of your thread talking about the F1 TCU relay.I will buy one and replace it and see what happens after i checked with previous owner said that the clutch on car is new.He replace it when the clock reading 26000KM and now is reading 30000KM.

One more thing.I have the break pads sequel loudly.Is there any other brake pads wont make high noise.It is some how embarsing.

Thanks

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    H- If your 575M has FHP, those pads will squeal until well worn in, and sometimes even then. Porterfield makes a good pad that will not squeal and makes less brake dust. Ricambi has them and so do other distributors. No wear wires, but that is not a problem. There are no wear wires on the OEM rear brake pads, at any rate.

Changing that F1 relay regularly is a good idea, but odds are that is not your problem.