COFFEE @ The Great Indoors (Park Meadows-Denver) | Page 35 | FerrariChat

COFFEE @ The Great Indoors (Park Meadows-Denver)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Imola2001, Apr 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #851 sherpa23, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    Ha! That means it will stay in the garage. I don't need or want that kind of attention.

Also, if the danger factor of Saturday was any indication, I'll probably be bringing my wagon from now on!

2. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Ha! thats what I was thinking, last time I was in a crowd like that was in 1996 Rwanda! I thought I would be ripped from the car and hacked to pieces...

I was watching the video above of all the cars burning out of the lot and thought, eh not for me..

But I am glad to see this event growing ..

3. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I arrived about 10:10. I was looking for one of your cars, and when I bumped in to Ronnie, I asked if he had seen you, someone else piped up that there was a 550 there but left, we figured it was you.

Cheers, there will probably be a next time.

4. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    Sorry I missed it, but I was at Breck :)

I'll be back after snowboarding season is over!

5. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    #856 RonnieRenaldi, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    Cool picts!

7. 456rogers

456rogers Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Idaho Springs CO
    In spite of the recklessness it looks like a great turnout (especially for Feb!) when the snow melts up here at 9000 feet I'll have to make an appearance...the VV is the second Saturday of the month correct?

8. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    Had a good time at last feb 7th cars and coffee with my son. Was pretty crowded when we got there, likely get there earlier next time. Was parked next to a falling apart bmw from the 80's. Looked like a 325 or something, strange mix.

9. IAmNotCasey

IAmNotCasey Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2014
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Casey Duncan
    We should plan an "impromptu" gathering somewhere neutral so we can actually speak to one another without either getting run over or risk old BMW parts falling onto our cars ;)

Seriously though we should. Who's with me?

10. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    in!

11. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    I'm in also. The car is still a work in progress though…another month or two before it's up and running :-(

Bill

12. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
  13. 456rogers

456rogers Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Idaho Springs CO
  14. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    If my driveway ever melts off I'm in. :)

15. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    If the Ferrari guys don't mind, I would join with my GT3. No Ferrari yet in the stable, will happen at some point.

16. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    In the recent FCA Rocky Mountain email, Ryan mentioned about monthly social. Ryan, could you elaborate?

17. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Sure.

I am starting a Monthly Social for the FCA RMR. Once a month, we will meet at a new location on a week night - usually a Tuesday or Thursday. We have a variety of locations planned with good diversity but all featuring a local business. Some are dealerships, some are shops - car and non-car related, some are restaurants with outdoor patios, and some are event based (anyone like racing karts, for example?).

The idea is to have a regular meet up where everyone can just hang out and talk with your fellow club mates and friends. These aren't dinners and these are not necessary formal, structured events although there needs to be some structure.

Additionally, any member can bring a non-member with them to introduce them to the Ferrari Club and hopefully they will then join. Because these are club-sanctioned but not club-subsidized, it is possible to include non-members as long as they come with a current member. If someone wants to come that is not a current member and don't know any current members, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it work. Again, it's to encourage growth in the membership so members would be best to bring like-minded folks who love cars and Ferraris. There will be some limitations as room and space are just about always limited but I will try my hardest to make these very inclusive events.

Stay tuned for the schedule of Monthly Social Events...

18. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller

I think what Casey is suggesting doesn't require membership, just getting together and talk cars. correct me if I am wrong

19. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    People can do whatever they want. Ronnie just asked me to elaborate on the Monthly Social Events.

20. IAmNotCasey

IAmNotCasey Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2014
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Casey Duncan
    I've definitely been remiss in paying close attention to the FCA updates lately, sorry about that. What I propose is just an informal gathering of ourselves, devoid of large crowds and focused on the genre of car we all seem to enjoy most. No particular membership was in mind, however since the FCA events will allow non-member guests, I think they will probably fit the bill nicely.

In theory there is no such thing as too many gatherings, but I know in practice one can only attend so many, so I'm happy to defer to existing plans if folks prefer.

What I'd love to see is an initial gathering that just focuses on everyone getting their cars out for spring, to meet somewhere of interest and get to know each other better, etc. Aside from some driving, food, drink, and good company, I wouldn't need much else to start with. Later events could have fun activities surely, but to start with I'd love something simple and social.

21. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    gotcha, thanks

22. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #873 sherpa23, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    There aren't week night cars and coffee so it would be a nice event that doesn't overlap with something else, and since you're talking about Ferrari stuff I don't know why this and what you're talking about wouldn't go together. People don't have to be members - they just have to come with a member or RSVP before so that there's room. It sounds like you want something a little different from a Cars and Coffee - something a little quieter and more private - and this would be exactly that. So it sounds like it would work.

23. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    I'm in

24. 456rogers

456rogers Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Idaho Springs CO
    It all sounds good to me....the more events the better as they create more opportunities to #1 attend and #2 meet ....that being said I may be car-less until April though after this snow storm...should have drove more in those warmer early Feb days...