[WTB]. Ferrari 400 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

[WTB]. Ferrari 400

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Travis77, Feb 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    I know you said you wanted a "sorted" car.

However, this one is on ebay. Don't think it meets your definition, but it might be of interest.

Ferrari Other Auto | eBay

Sid

2. MrKazimi

MrKazimi Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Dr. Mohammad

Any history available for the yellow Ferrari?
    And what does everyone think of the color combination?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

I understand op wanting an Auto 400......but my questions is why when anyone looking for "400/412", they seem to leave out the possibility of a 365 gt4 2+2? basically same car, other than most are carbed & manual.

Bottom line is what is the primary reason to ask for a "400/412" yet NOT include "looking for 365/400/412".....as this is the thread heading and most people group these cars as "one" with differences; FI, auto etc. Thanks

Jack

4. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    The owner says it was owned by either the Nieman or the Marcus of Nieman Marcus - he knows which one, but I can't remember. I think if you search for it here you will find an old video of it. Its definitely not perfect, but it is originally yellow.

5. Travis77

Travis77 Rookie

Sep 26, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Travis S.
    Thanks Sid..

man not a lot of info from seller.. seems a little scary.. Or guess you can take a flyer and hope it doesn't need a rebuild!

6. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Yep. Definitely scary. But would be good for someone wanting a project! There's a lot of very interesting threads here on F-Chat where people are bringing dead cars back to their former glory. I hope someone takes this and restores it.

Not for me (at this time). Too many projects already underway. And the Wife wants the garage back. Otherwise, I might have been interested in buying this, and putting it away for a future project. A V12 Ferrari for $12K, can't imagine we will see this too often.

Sid

7. MrOrganic

MrOrganic Karting

Jun 28, 2013
    Hermosa Beach,Ca
    Full Name:
    R
  8. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Kind of curious why the seller is in CA, that the car has the BAR sticker from the past, doesn't want to deal with the drama of BAR now, & offering the car 'As is, where is, & no warranty', why won't they let a resident of CA deal with the BAR certification post sale??
    They clearly stated that they're not doing that, so what gives :confused:

9. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    That is were my 365 came from. They have no phycial address as far as I know. Internet only sales. Brett is just now finishing the car. It came with two RH bank low cly. A cracked block(12"). Crank thrust and block face destroyed. Good luck buyers

10. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    FYI:
    Their site shows a 4128 Lincoln Blvd. address in Marina Del Ray, CA & google shows their storeefront.

11. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I will look. Thanks

12. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    I know Chequered Flag well known for decades in LA, cars are so so, one of the stickers has the VIN scratched off!

13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I was wondering about that scratched off BAR sticker. Maybe THAT's why don't want to deal with a California buyer! hah..

14. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I believe the CA law is that the Seller is responsible for the emission certification (so the paperwork to sell it to someone else in CA can't be completed before it passes the test).

15. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    The market seems to have spoken on the Chequered Flag car. $25K or so bidding taps.

Actually strong money if you look at the Hagerty values, where a solid #3 is sitting there or so.

I am local and looked at it.

I preferred the earlier style seats to the '84 I bought.

But, honestly, exactly the same exterior condition as the one I bought, both had driver's seat issues, the one I bought has dash shrinking issues this one did not.

Was not sure 4 new TRX tires and $5,000 in recent service was worth the $18K price difference. That's $10,000 to my math. Add the dash money, and I'm still at least $5K ahead with a car that passed smog in CA 40 days ago.

16. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce

Ah Ha! Thanks for that info!

17. 45exc

45exc Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    any interest in 365 GT4 custom convertible with 5 speed? 400i injected engine and the rest of the car all sorted out and power top.

18. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Why don't you post a separate thread for that car? Having a 400i engine, it would appeal to those of us in this forum. Is there an advertisement somewhere with details and pictures? It sounds as if someone spent a lot of their time and resources creating that car.

19. 10ksupercars

10ksupercars Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 16, 2015
    San Antonio Tx
    Full Name:
    Russell Harper
    The car is nice.I bought it for one of my clients.The place is Yorkies in Merriam Kansas outside KC.Its a great classic car restore shop

20. 45exc

45exc Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
  21. MrKazimi

MrKazimi Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Dr. Mohammad

Travis,
    Did you find any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
  23. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
  24. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    I've also seen this car and it shows very well.
    5 speed
    15 " wheels (not TRX)
    very well sorted and ready to go

I copied the details:

An incredible opportunity to own a rare 5 speed manual, V-12 Ferrari. It has excellent, perfectly straight, rust free bodywork and very nice paint. The leather interior has just the right 'patina' and the dash and roof liner are in very good condition. It has just had a comprehensive, documented mechanical overhaul...every system on this car is either new, newly rebuilt or freshly serviced. The motor is 'as new', having just been professionally rebuilt with new rings, new main, rod and thrust bearings, new flywheel, timing chain and tensioners, water and oil pump seals, bearings and Reynold tensioner. Cylinder compression is as it was when new. The cylinder heads received all new stainless valves, new valve guides, seats and seals. It also has new fuel injectors, fuel pumps and ignition wires....even the AC was overhauled and delivers ice cold air. The 5-speed gearbox was also overhauled and is 'as new,' with 5 perfect syncros. The clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing are new. The suspension and brakes was also completely serviced, including all new front control arm bushings, shock bushings, tie-rod ends and the rear features new adjustable Koni self-levellers. The brake calipers were rebuilt and new pads were installed on the freshly resurfaced rotors. The exhaust system is new from front to back and includes Cerama chromed exhaust headers, new custom center sections and new Ansa rear silencers. The factory 15" magnesium wheels are freshly refinished and wear new Pirelli P4000's. If you've ever dreamed of owning a 5-speed, V-12 Ferrari, but didn't think you could afford it or were scared by the maintenance costs, then this is your opportunity. This is the ultimate family coupe, with a generous trunk and room for 4 adults. It's is ready for immediate delivery and comes with a brand new owners manual, a Factory workshop manual and factory jack roll. A binder containing all of the parts receipts and service pics will be included. This iconic example comes with our full backing and support