F40 LM Restoration | Page 133 | FerrariChat

F40 LM Restoration

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Traveller, Jan 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
  2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Looks great.

3. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Central IN, USA
    That's fantastic!

4. F40LM Addict

F40LM Addict Karting

Jan 4, 2014
    Yup...Mine too. Right next to the 1/8th scale model of the same car I have in the works.

5. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    The book looks stunning. The printing quality looks excellent.

6. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks everyone, and whilst I am pleased with how it is turning out, it is far from the quality of Joe's 288 book which is professionally printed, but this is as good as I can get without the book costing a fortune given the limited run.

7. F40LM Addict

F40LM Addict Karting

Jan 4, 2014
    We can pass on it costing a fortune. Some of us come from meager means.

8. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Looks really great. I think years down the road you will be so happy you took the time to put it together.

9. 575

575 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2009
    I am interested in a book if any left.

Great Job.

10. björnen

björnen Rookie

Jan 2, 2014
    stockholm / sweden
    Full Name:
    björn elgstrand
    I am interested in a book. "björn" stockholm/sweden

11. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    Traveller, how is the debug, shakedown, and mapping going on the car?

12. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Shakedown was completed and is reported in earlier posts and final mapping adjustments underway. All should hopefully be finished next week and then we await the weather and Evo.

13. Pixel-Snapper

Pixel-Snapper Karting

Mar 19, 2013
    Middle England
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Wow Tim just caught up with the last 10 - 15 pages!!!

The book is amazing and looks great.

Can you not setup a order page with the company that's printing it so that people can buy directly from them? a bit like blurb.com do as you can publish it on their website, then people can find your book and order it direct from them. I think you even get a cut of the orders too if I remember correctly from my photographer days.

14. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    No, I am afraid that the company I have done all the layouts with don't offer such a service and I do want to try and ration the run and have control. Furthermore Blurb don't offer the large format I am after. And after the months spent getting the books even as far as they are, I am not starting elsewhere!

Thanks anyway for the suggestion Matt

15. rbryson

rbryson Rookie

Jul 14, 2012
    very interested in the book! replied a little late earlier.....been following this since the start but was traveling in europe...want to reconfirm interest

16. stocky

stocky Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Bolton , England.
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #3316 stocky, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Kafka

Kafka Rookie

Feb 8, 2012
    The book looks monumental and professional: much like your entire project. Impressive does not half cover the work and the result.

I remain very interested in a copy of the book. When will you announce the lucky ones?

18. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Once I have a price and have decided on the exact run details, then I will PM those that showed interest and work my way down the list, quietly! They cannot be cheap like a mass produced book given the very limited run, so there will unfortunately be a number people who will not take up the offer I suspect. I think that is the only way to do it.

19. taz4432

taz4432 Rookie

Jan 21, 2014
    Toronto/Detroit
    Full Name:
    Salomon
    Looks good! I think a monogrammed box would be in order; given the limited run and it being aimed at enthusiasts/collectors it would likely be worthwhile and will be a nice touch - especially so you know the glory that lies within without having to open the box. That is, if it doesn't cost an exorbitant amount.

Also, on one of the pictures you posted attempt was spelt 'atempt' - I'm sure it will be proofread more before final printing but just thought I'd point it out. (Kevin's first mountaineering 'atempt').

- Salomon

20. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Central IN, USA
    I'll volunteer my services as editor/proofreader! :)

21. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim

Hence the concept of a proof! but you are right, I have now proof read Vol 1 5 times and still find errors. This is not the work of a minute.

22. multivac

multivac Rookie

Jun 8, 2012
    Long time lurker here. What an amazing thread! Is there an option of a PDF version for the rest of us who cannot get the printed version?

23. multivac

multivac Rookie

Jun 8, 2012
    Long time lurker here! What an amazing thread! Is there an option of a PDF version of the book for the rest of us who will not get the printed version?

24. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    No, it wont be available as a pdf I am afraid. Given the interest that has been shown, and to try and avoid disappointment for any, I am now considering doing a limited and numbered collectors edition with added extras, such as embossed cover, signed by the team, DVD of images etc as one option and then a cheaper small additional run of unnumbered books. Still only thoughts as there is still much work to do, on Book 2 let alone photos from the Evo test, so very much a work in progress.

25. multivac

multivac Rookie

Jun 8, 2012
    Thanks for the reply Traveler! A cheaper additional run of books is a great idea for people like me who might not afford the more expensive Limited Edition version!