I finally have 50679. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

I finally have 50679.

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bjwhite, Apr 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #76 bjwhite, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Haha...yeah. Now I need to finish up my Beta and get it off the lift....having some odd L-Jetronic issues with it. Ahhhhhh--Italian cars from the 80s.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. palmer_md

palmer_md Karting

Feb 26, 2014
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    wow, when I first clicked on the link to get to this page that image above showed up and my first thought was you had that 400i pickup truck that was created by that TV show in England. Then I got a half a second more to see it was not it. Basic lines at first glance were close, and I'd just seen a repeat of the show a few days ago.

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #78 bjwhite, Jan 25, 2015
    Just look at all this crap I removed today! Jeez. This would be what someone paid a few thousand dollars for in 1980s California. To the bin sir! Haha.

4. palmer_md

palmer_md Karting

Feb 26, 2014
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael

There still might be a few hundred dollars value to someone who wants to put the car through the referee process in California.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/474722-new-member-f400i-question.html#post143675801

There is a link in the post I put in that thread about the process. I'm not sure if someone who brings a non BAR sticker car into California needs those parts, but if they do, it would be nice if there were a source. But what a pain for the small chance...I guess your right about the scrap bin. Unless rrbnut wants to purchase them from you right now for his what if purchase.

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Well.....admittedly, "the bin" is too strong of words. All the hoses are being thrown away, but the brackets and air pump will go into a box--it belongs with the car--but I won't ever have them installed while it's in my possession which will be for quite some time.

6. palmer_md

palmer_md Karting

Feb 26, 2014
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    ah, that makes perfect sense.

7. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    I did the exact same thing last year. I kept all the parts in the off-chance someone, someday might need/want the stuff. That air pump was heavy too.

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #83 bjwhite, Jan 30, 2015
    So when I got my car, it came with a large zip up Ferrari binder with an almost complete service history from about 1985 until now. It also came with an owner's manual but was for a Series I car--and the spine was slightly damaged. (It's the one I sold on the Fchat classifieds here). This means that not only was I missing the proper manual, I was also missing the pouch, warranty card, sales and service book and the Blaupunkt Toronto SQR32 manual and service card.

So as a result of this, once I got the car I started looking to rectify this. First off was my purchase of a good condition Series II manual.

Then a couple three months ago, I LUCKED into the pouch and contents for a 400i--but it was a Series I which means the manual and warranty card are wrong for my car, but the pouch is just near mint, especially compared to others you see for sale. But the price was downright amazing. (And I can resell the Series I 400i manual and hopefully reunite the Warranty book and original dealer window price sticker for 40065 to its current owner.)

Last week I found someone posted a factory sealed manual and service card for the Blaupunkt SQR32 (same as contained in the Ferrari pouch on delivery) for a grand total of $15 SHIPPED from Germany and it just showed up today.

However, the sad part is that there was a good condition 1984 Sales and Service booklet on eBay that sold for $38 shipped and I frickin' missed the auction end. I was (and still am) so pissed. Oh well, these can be found semi-regularly and they aren't outrageous.
    Ferrari 308 GTB GTS Testarossa Sales and Service Organization Booklet 1984 | eBay

So--now outside of the brown 12 cylinder warranty book (the one with French not German), my pouch is close to complete..and in the end for NOT a lot of money. (At least not the $1500 or more that most sellers want). I wish I could find the original 50679 warranty book. :(

So anyway, I'm pretty stoked. Random thought--I just thought I'd share.

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #84 bjwhite, Feb 2, 2015
  10. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #85 bjwhite, Mar 26, 2015
    Not much happening lately due to the BMW race car being on the rack, but today a package showed up from the UK. All the needed gaskets and such to install the new exhaust.....as well as a rear number plate mount. :). I also got a replacement injection intake boot...an indented one. I guess they all come that way now.

I ordered this stuff Monday night. Tuesday shipped. Wednesday FedEx called with some customs questions. Today, shows up at 9am. The wonders of modern logistics.

Should go on this weekend maybe because the BMW is done....maybe next week sometime. Looking forward to it.

11. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    New stuff is always nice

12. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    but still waiting for the plates, 8 years

13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #88 bjwhite, Apr 3, 2015
  14. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    I love the lack of mufflers in that system. Must have sounded great. What are you installing?

15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #90 bjwhite, Apr 3, 2015
  16. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    It would be interesting to get a sound clip up when it's on.

17. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Brian,

Wow, that is a nice looking exhaust!

Indeed, a sound clip afterwards is in order.

Cheers,

Sam

18. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #93 bjwhite, Apr 7, 2015
    Some test fitting last night....

So I was unsure if I was going to like the naked stainless metal look, but I don't think it's that bad. I always liked the black rear silencers and the chrome tips, and I thought I would hate the full silver...but now I'm not so sure...

19. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    AaaHem,would you like a second opinion.........?

20. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White

Why YES! I would actually. :)

21. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    OK,well for my .02c,it doesn't suit the '70's matt black look bumpers ,mirrors or wipers.
    If it were an earlier,curves and chrome Ferrari,then possibly.
    I think it doesn't contrast for the period,although the window surrounds are brushed stainless.
    :)

22. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    I agree. The rear mufflers are very exposed on these cars yet they should not be a design element. Polished tips give all the contrast you need.

23. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    #98 GT Jones, Apr 7, 2015
  24. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    This looks sweet Brian. How was the fit and finish ? Did it actually go on without any modification ?

I have a Stebro on mine and off course as usual it didn't fit... at all... But it's on there now,finally.

I ordered mine in black satin finish and just chromed tips for that all original look. Personally I prefer black mufflers since these are so "in-your-face" hanging under the car for all to see,all 8 of them.

As we say here : Flavor is like buttocks,divided ;-)

25. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #100 bjwhite, Apr 18, 2015
    I would have loved to have ordered this one black, but it came with the car.

In the end, I agree with you guys that it needs to be black. I painted it this morning and will be putting it on later today. This is how it turned out.