concours-Villa D'este. | FerrariChat

concours-Villa D'este.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Andrew D., Jun 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    Recently visited northern Italy and wanted to see the concourse at the Villa D'Este. I just want to warn F chatters that this is a private event. The public can buy tickets to the villa down the lake and see a few cars but nothing will get you in to the villa d'este as the gates are barred and it is a totally private function. Its not how its advertised in the magazines like Octaine. But a dive around the lakes was fun and a stay in Sirmione on lago de guarda is always great.

2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Worth pointing out.

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #3 Marcel Massini, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Saturday at VDE is and has always been a private day for the actual Concours with entry for participants, media and VIP's ONLY. On SUNDAY the show moves from VDE to Villa Erba, one mile south of VDE, still in Cernobbio. This is the open day, a public day, where you can easily buy a spectator ticket for 10 or 15 Euros and you can see exactly the same cars as Saturday at VDE (but in the surroundings of Villa Erba instead of VDE). At Sunday's Villa Erba there are not just the 60 cars of the VDE Concours from Saturday, but many additional cars as well plus some club displays and there is much more space in that park and garden, as VDE really is space limited and way too tight. If you don't want to spend 10 or 15 Euros for a Sunday ticket or cannot come on that day you can always go to Villa d'Este Thursday or Friday, just walk in. There are NO barred gates at all. On those two days the concours cars are being unloaded, there will be trucks bringing the cars and the FIVA scrutineering takes place right in front of the actual hotel gate.
    Do NOT intend to drive with your car into the VDE Hotel area and park. There is ZERO space for parking, absolutely nothing. Leave your car in the beautiful village of Cernobbio and walk to the VDE Hotel.
    The photo below was taken Friday morning 23rd May 2014 during the FIVA scrutineering of 250 GTO #4675 GT right at the Hotel Villa d'Este.

Marcel Massini
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks, helpful info. I'll go too.

5. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders
    Thank you for this rather valuable advise Marcel!

/Anders