348 TS for $28K? | FerrariChat

348 TS for $28K?

Discussion in '348/355' started by RaginBull, Dec 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RaginBull

RaginBull Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Darryl
  2. 8500rpm

8500rpm Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Chan
    The mileage is pretty high; that could be a factor. Could be a great driver's car if PPI checks out.

There's an F355B with similar mileage, asking 40s and been sitting for months.

3. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Call it 30, then add the internet scare factor, +8000 for service, puts it right on the money. Used car dealer wants turnover.

4. NYCpersian

NYCpersian Rookie

Feb 25, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Hooman
    I'm in the market for a 348 but all the deals seem to be out west. FML..

5. Fast mustang

Fast mustang Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Island lake Il
    Full Name:
    Ron
    You have to travel at times for the right car I think the car is priced at market value with the miles that are on it has 60k on it and like stated car dealers don't like to hold on to there cars they want to move them and the best part of buying it from a dealer like that is there not going to retail it if there is anyajor issues so I'm sure the car is pretty nice

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I picked up a solid 348 for less than that and a lot less miles about 10 months ago. At that price point you are not going to get an FCA award winner and it will certainly need some attention in places, but that price point is pretty close to the bottom of the curve and it's pretty hard to get hurt on it.

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Always hard to tell from the small pics, but interior looks clean with no visible bolster wear, body looks clean. Beat the dealer up a little more because of the miles, don't hassle them with PPI because you know you are going to do an engine service anyway, offer "your" number for a quick and easy sale and see what happens.

8. dontknownuttin

dontknownuttin Karting

Mar 21, 2014
    Forest Lake, MN USA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    WAY better condition than a 348TS I picked up for $25k, but I also mandated it be not red. And mine has only 35k miles. I would say to look at service records to be certain at LEAST the 30k service was done. You can take off the timing belt cover on the top side to inspect the timing belt. This is an absolute must on a higher mile car in my opinion. It is a single allen wrench, and only takes a few minutes total.

9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If it is going for $28,000, then go look elsewhere....

10. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Agreed with Jonathan. Heck, it's in much better condition than the one I picked up too! But unsure on service for this one. If you have extra bucks to do the service, bring it home and either DIY or find a Ferrari mechanic in your area to do the work.

11. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    Eh that's a lot of miles, would rather just cough up a few extra bucks for something a bit nicer. Would make a nice driver

12. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    2500 mi/yr is about right. Helps assure you the car didn't just sit for long periods of time. Enough miles to prove up anything on the car, but not nearly enough to wear it out. Take a trip to one of the most beautiful places in the world and bring home a Ferrari! How bad can that be????

13. joshtownsend

joshtownsend Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2007
    H-town...TEXAS
    95% of people on here don't really understand the value of this statement..

14. Shootfighter65

Shootfighter65 Formula 3

May 13, 2014
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Randy..alluneedtokno
    This is why I'm thinking about selling my 355 now. It just rolled 40k and its awesome. When I first got it hadnt been driven much. Seems like the more I drove it the better it got for awhile. Most people wouldnt even look far enough to see its an amazing car that drives perfect and everything works, no dramas, But like most said the miles drive down the value. Most people woldnt even look at it if it 65k on the odometer let alone pay me a decent price for it. I feel IMHO that its better than a car 4k on it in some ways. Sure it shows more wear but I dont have to worry about anything...its all done or been corrected. If you want a driver it might be the perfect car for you with little room to depreciate. When did 60k become high miles for a car that you actually want to drive? Especially for a great car like the 348

15. Shootfighter65

Shootfighter65 Formula 3

May 13, 2014
    Charleston SC
    Full Name:
    Randy..alluneedtokno
  16. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    But doesn't this highlight a problem with far too many Ferrari owners:

They buy a car that was designed purely to be driven, that makes little compromise to do anything else but be a fun car to drive, and then they refuse to drive the car because it will put the mileage up!

Enzo Ferrari must be spinning in his grave!

17. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #17 tomw, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    No $h!t.

Buy it for 25, full service, drive it, lots. Still be worth 20+ in 3 years, maybe more. They don't make em anymore, parts will become premium, mileage doesn't matter.

19. opcart

opcart Rookie

Feb 10, 2007
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hello everyone! I bought the high mileage 348 in Monterey, I will have it shipped over shortly and will put some pics on the site. Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have been playing with German cars for15 years and learning about Ferrari's for the last 3 years,and relying heavily on this great forum you guys have here. Although high mileage, this car seemed like a good candidate to me as an entrance into the Ferrari world. Low entrance point and service records.

Looking forward to a lively discussions and some help from the forum.

20. Fast mustang

Fast mustang Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    Island lake Il
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Your going to love it what you end up getting it for

21. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congratulations and welcome to the brotherhood.

22. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    I to am a long time German car guy and the past almost two years with my 348 has been really great. Different experience and you I am sure will enjoy. Welcome to the gang! :)

23. RaginBull

RaginBull Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Congrats! Glad you were able to pick it up. Please post pics once you receive it. Welcome to the brotherhood!