Beach Car Ferrari 365/GTC/4 | FerrariChat

Beach Car Ferrari 365/GTC/4

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Onebugatti, Sep 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Onebugatti

Onebugatti Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2008
    Centre Europe
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    There was a 365/GTC/4, modified and shown at the Geneva show in 1976 as a beach car. Does anyone have a photo at the show? I heard there was possibly was a station wagon at the 1977 show ( Geneva), also connected to this beach car in some way.

I think this car comes from the Swiss dealer Willy Felber, who cut up a few GTC's during the 70's,doing such projects. I'm not sure if any were 330's..

2. alexs '05

alexs '05 Karting

May 20, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex M
    #2 alexs '05, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    "365 GTC/4 “Break” by Felber
    Willy Felber, a Swiss who was also a Ferrari dealer, built his own pair of three-door Ferraris. This one’s brown (trust us) and made its debut at the 1977 Geneva show."

A Brief History of Ferrari Shooting Brakes | Car and Driver Blog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beach car converted to the wagon/brake, then scrapped and converted back to beach car
    http://www.banovsky.com/archive/ferrari-365-gtc4-beach-car-by-felber#.VByS6_ldVtE
    http://www.365gtc4.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=994

3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  4. Enzos dad

Enzos dad Rookie

Dec 22, 2009
    Schellville, Calif.
    Full Name:
    RJM
    Please forgive them, it was the 70's after all !

5. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's amazing how upbeat Car & Driver is about the styling of the shooting brakes in that article.

Regarding the beach car, I would imagine that car would still be very heavy, so it's hard to imagine it actually working as a beach car.

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Winching it onto the yacht must have been "interesting"

7. Onebugatti

BANNED

Apr 2, 2008
    Centre Europe
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I can't imagine it was ever on a boat, it's so heavy. Thanks for all the photos and links, to all the above members.

1Bugatti

8. Ballnacht

Ballnacht Rookie

Jan 12, 2012
    Munich
    Full Name:
    julz ariella
    Hi all, I know the currently owner and have some photos, but they are not looking very good, the garage was dark when they made the photos - but he want to have his investment back- over 1 million Euro, now he is looking to sell for more then 1,5 millions Euro, plus some other cars not very important ones... Since the classic cars are rising value- he hope to sell it to a hight investment price...

9. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    wrong car for investment.. any period or older Ferrari had been better..

but pictures are allways appreciated

10. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I don't know what year that bloke bought it but if GTC/4s were only $100,000 USD then,he paid the price of many GTC/4s forthat dustom. Now GTC/4s are moving up to $250K so he would have been better off buying several with the same money.

I wouldn't even consider Felber a coachbuilder , but more of a customizer like George Barris.I located on the net RR SC customized by Barris and I think most Rolls fans would prefer this metallic gold monstrosity be melted to scrap metal. I would even put the 1971 Z3 spyder (3Z) built by Michelotti for Lou Chinetti over this beach car--at least Felber is a real Italian coachbuilder..

11. Onebugatti

BANNED

Apr 2, 2008
    Centre Europe
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Willi was not Italian, he was swiss. Michotti was was one of the most prolific Italian car designers of the 20th century – not a sheet metal shop.

Most of his ''art'' is covered in another thread - an exclusive place for Willi Felber, his Panthers and stuff. I would guess that taking these existing cars and building new GTC bodies on the 2 GTC's he cut up would be the highest and righteous way to escape the purgatory of owning his Ferrari based copies.

Selling one of these must be like selling that oil painting of an ex-wife. It was beautiful to you ''when'' you commissioned it, but finding someone that can fall in love enough to own it on the second go is a long shot and left to an investor at best.

I know a Swiss farmer thinking about shortening two right legs of his cows so they can stand level on the hill, but I mentioned if they turn the other way - they roll down the hill.

He , like Willi, didn't fully think all that out.

Looking at his work gives me a headache.

See the other thread, and close this one ! One headache is enough.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vintage-thru-365-gtc4-sponsored-vintage-driving-machines/124334-willi-felber-ferrari-cars.html

12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Do the world a favor and burn it.

13. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #15 Wheels1, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #16 peterp, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    Agree that it's pretty hideous and pointless in its current form, but ...

If you simply added doors to the current body, it might not be half-bad.