Enzo, Where to Find: Date of Production, and Engine and Assembly Numbers | FerrariChat

Enzo, Where to Find: Date of Production, and Engine and Assembly Numbers

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 134282, Nov 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #1 134282, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After some recent queries in another thread, I thought it might be a good idea to show Enzo owners and future Enzo owners, where they could locate the dates or production, engine numbers, and assembly numbers, on their cars. Unfortunately, for those of you lucky enough to know your Enzo's body number, it's not in a physical place to be viewed (so just ask me).

Without further adieu, here is their information, and their respective positions. If you anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Moderators, feel free to make this a sticky; but I honestly don't see this question asked often enough to warrant a permanent place at the top.

NOTE: For current and future Enzo owners, the engine numbers is an important piece of information that can be cross-referenced as it's printed in the warranty card. So, if you suspect your car has a non-original engine, simply check the number printed in your warranty card and see if it matches the number stamped into the block of your engine. For prospective Enzo buyers, this is a great way to ensure that the Enzo you're considering buying has the same engine with which it left the factory.

The engine number is a bit more difficult. While the assembly number is visible when the deck lid is open, you can even photograph it when the deck lid is closed. The engine number, however, is a bit more difficult to find, and locate. I will search for a more in-depth series of pictures that zero in on the engine number exact stamping.

For Telaioisti, the information presented here is not from a single car, so as to present the best possible angles.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The location and meaning of these numbers is described and also illustrated in the official Ferrari Enzo Owners Manual. Each car had at least one such manual originally. It was printed in about seven different languages.

Marcel Massini

3. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Carbon, are you slipping?

Body number is on the car, sticker on the tub, in the resin so won't deteriorate...

Any guesses as to where it may be?

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No clue - I've only ever seen it in MODIS. Do you have a picture?

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thanks, Bill - that last sticker is rather interesting.

Any chance you know the body number of your Enzo? I surmise it's just above 100 - like, maybe, 110, or right around there.

6. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    The sticker is on the underside, on the front bulkhead right where it meets the undertray, you have to remove the under tray to see it.

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, ****, LOL, I can just see owners now... "What the hell do you think you're doing? Please get out from under my car and stop unscrewing my under tray!"