Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2014 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2014

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by George Vosburgh, Jul 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Although Saturday did rain and the turn-out was much lower than last year, Sunday had many more visitors and I think they all enjoyed the fact that most of us brought our cars back so that they could see them in the sun.

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

You know, my real point was more to the fact that most of these just simply don't know what they are looking at. Even with a dash card, these folks don't know Ferrari so they just assume it is what it appears to be.

No arguments about Rick, he is a first class guy that loves cars. And in spite of the weather the turn out was pretty good.

3. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    So you're upset that people who are not Ferrari experts all gather round a car that looks like a 250 GTO and then fail to read the card that informs them that it is not an original GTO but is actually a replica/recreation?

Or are you upset that a car that looks like a 250 GTO but is actually a replica/recreation based on another Ferrari (as openly declared as such on a card displayed with the car), should get any attention whatsoever?

I can appreciate that for a Ferrari purist this car is a form of sacrilege and an imposter, but to the average car enthusiast it's just an incredibly nice looking, rare classic Ferrari.

At the end of the day, this car is still a Ferrari (and not a Datsun 240Z pretending to be a Ferrari), and it's a Ferrari with an interesting history (more interesting than the 308's/328's/348's/355's etc., etc., that were also at the show).

Nobody was charged extra on the basis that an ultra rare original 250 GTO would be on display, and it appears that the car was correctly identified as being a replica/recreation for those who could be arsed to read the card.

For the Ferrari "aficionado's" who don't like this car - Bad luck! - I seriously doubt that the owner (or any future owner), is going to convert it back to how it left the factory or scrap the car off because the purists don't like it.

And as for getting upset that people who are not Ferrari experts believe it to be a genuine 250 GTO and who pay the car attention, you're just stressing yourselves out over something that isn't going to change, so what's the point?

4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

AGREED!