A mercy killing at SEMA last night | FerrariChat

A mercy killing at SEMA last night

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FlyingBear, Nov 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FlyingBear

FlyingBear Karting

Mar 31, 2013
    Cary NC
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Egad. Thanks for posting. Always wanted to check out SEMA. Maybe not so much anymore. It's always good to see people using the misfortune of others to get some Internet face time, said he sarcastically. Note to self - take the beater on next trip to Lost Wages...T

3. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    better video here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwOOCkbt0CI]Liberty Walk Ferrari rear ended at SEMA 2014. - YouTube[/ame]

BONSAI!

4. speedsport

speedsport Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I do not understand the reaction of those involved at all.

5. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have no doubt the guy who owned the car was not laughing. Best

6. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's almost like they don't care they were hit because they want all of the publicity. Very strange reaction indeed!

7. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

The car was a good candidate for euthanasia.

8. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
  9. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    If rather take a fiero over that abortion.

10. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #10 Sfumato, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    There was a stock Speciale there that helped offset the riveted flare camo and the blue one. Not flashy enough for SEMA I think.
    Jeep hit improved it, methinks
    Not their money. I was there when we loaded mine to go out, but I never made it to show. So guys that I trusted loaded mine. Haven't seen any vid's of it yet, home manana, so glad it survived. Jeep clowns never got out of car it seemed?

11. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    This is very useful. Whenever I have thoughts of bringing a good car to downtown Vegas I'll pull up this vid.

12. rmitchell248

rmitchell248 Formula 3

May 26, 2013
    Nürburg
    Full Name:
    Robert
    That car needs to be crushed anyhow. Absolutely hideous

13. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Not sure I get all the positive comments here. A 458 was damaged. Granted the LW 458 is a Frankenstein's monster of a 458, but it's still a 458. Take it out on the people who vandalized the car in the first place and save the poor car from those butchers.

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    #14 tomc, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    As far as I have seen I think there is only one of them. The owner mentioned that the car was originally started as red. Then it got repainted/wrapped grey, white and now blue. Maybe there is another one but I am most certain that you can count all on one hand. He also mentioned that the rear axle is stock and the beefy wide stance come from deep rims and spacers. surprised me

16. rickwjenn

rickwjenn Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2012
    Minneapolis
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Total agree it was time to put that car out of its misery. That is a disgusting, cheapening, and total tasteless modification to a world class car - the 458. The Pininfarina designers must be totally offended by this.

This is like a state of the art iPhone, Android, Tesla, or Ferrari state of the market design being trashed by a "tuner" company. May there financial results put the dirt on their grave.... This is horrid.

17. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Yes that's the car.

Being an extremist I did not mind the product until I saw it in the flesh; it looked cheap and the added parts had very little homogeneity with the original platform.

18. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I think it's hideous, but if you own the car you have the right to modify it as you wish. I think it's sad when someone's toy is damaged by an idiot.

19. F430kenric

F430kenric Formula 3

Mar 27, 2011
    When surrounded...that's what happens. Still sucks to see that happen. But, when you want to surround yourself with that scene things happen sometimes. I still think no matter how ugly someone makes their car. It's their car and they can burn it if they want. Or, use it as a planter. They own it, do with it as you will.

20. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Almost everything at SEMA this year was wide bodied or fender flared. It's going to get old really quick, like a few years ago when every single vehicle had at least 20" or larger wheels. I'm sure they don't mind the publicity of this crash, it has gotten a lot of attention.

21. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

what's old is new again...will gembella make a comeback?

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    My wife is not a car enthusiast, but the first time she laid eyes on a 458, she let out an audible gasp. I think it's one of the finest Ferrari designs, certainly in recent times, a piece of art on four wheels. These mods make it look cheap & ugly IMO. Of course, that's just my opinion, & the owner can do what they want with their car, but it's a double tragedy to see such a beautiful car tarted up & to see it damaged. Just my opinion...T

23. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I am surprised that the Jeep idiots just sat in their truck and did not even get out. They obviously pulled a 'dumb ass attack' and smashed into a car that, no matter what you think of the kit, was someone's high dollar pride and joy.

24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Heard at a very high frequency: "Jeep, Jeep, please put me out of my misery."

25. Redlyne_mr2

Redlyne_mr2 Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2009
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Ryan D
    Some of you guys on here get a little bit too offended by someone modifying their car lol. Shame about what happened but the parts damaged are R&R, replace them and move on.