Scud Ing Swiss DRL's installed on Scud - I love them... | FerrariChat

Scud Ing Swiss DRL's installed on Scud - I love them...

Discussion in '360/430' started by singletrack, Nov 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just installed these this evening. Very straight forward install; appears to be a very well engineered product.

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ilual-drl-solutions/69-ilual43-headlight-drl.html

The difference is dramatic. These things are incredibly bright! So impressive I think I need to look at their tail solutions now as well. Basically you go from barely being able to see the DRLs, to them being as prominent as on any modern led-highlighted headlight. The pictures on their site are very accurate if not conservative.

I will report back if I encounter any issues, but I'm very pleased so far. One thing I would mention is that there is a slight yellow to the led packaging which is transmitted out through the DRL light in direct sunlight/intense light. Of course, the leds themselves are a very pure white with no yellow tint and a very good match for the headlights. They are made with great precision (the contour; the backing plate) and slide into position with minimal dexterity.

I'm going to drive around with these things on a lot I think...they definitely look cool IMO and they certainly increase the visibility of the Scud to other drivers. The latter is important - I think people miss the car from a distance because it is so low. I've had a couple instances of people looking *right over me*, then pulling out when I'm going 25-30mph.

Fire away with questions!

2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    How the install? Can you post it, I am not sure my gray matter maybe able to handle complex installation. Thanks>"

3. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Look great!
    How long do you think for a pro/shop to install these?

4. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    They have a step-by-step on the site, but I was having issues linking to it directly. It's not bad at all, but I've done a lot of horrible lighting stuff in tight places, so YMMV.

I give it a 2/10 difficulty unless you have massive hands or issues using them.

5. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks! I'll get some pics of my car at some point.

With a floor jack and an airgun it took me about 45mins in no hurry. Pulled one front wheel, then the other. Anywhere from 30-60mins is reasonable IMO.

6. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #7 singletrack, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. enoyskt

enoyskt Karting

May 25, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    S
    Any pics to see how it is in sunlight?

8. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
  9. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Honestly they are the same. They are so bright that they cast light. It's Pittsburgh, so you might really wait for a shot in the sun ; )

10. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    Looks amazing. please post back if you encounter any misting or fogging/moisture of the headlights from the inside. Any fitment issues with the end plug, or does it go on tight?

11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I think they look awesome! I like it!

I have Stef's complete LED tail light and LED 3rd brake light kit on my 360 and I love them.

Super bright and excellent build quality. Stef makes top notch parts for Ferraris.
    Highly recommended.

Dan

12. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    my next buy :) love them.

13. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    No issues w fogging. I've already driven them in high humidity and rain.

I already have the infamous scud headlight issues.

Former is perfect. Just to slow feeding it in. You just press the end in as it is made of rubber. Seems like a nice solid connection.