NASCAR 2014 | Page 23 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2014

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tervuren, Jan 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Just a return to their short track roots...

Your mind changes under pressure of racing - and it doesn't cool down or return to normal. Your day gets cut short, the mind goes berserk.

The F1 race actually has a points championship across the board with the feild fighting for them, I watched that today instead, and just streamed the last 30 laps of Joey's car. Aside from rough FB posts, I have no idea what went on. I walked away to find the #24 wasn't in the top 3, and no idea why.

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I guess I need to look for some video footage...

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    don't fool yourself, this is manufactured drama to punch up this chase format, the series as a whole, and therefore it's marketability to new title sponsors.

4. ferraripete

I agree.

additionally, it is too bad that danica shunned the diversity program. she could have used a lucky dog or two...or 9 today:)

hey question to the guys....will ricky stinkhouse have a sprint cup ride next year or will he be in a truck? will danica stay with him after she has dumbed him down and out of the series?

5. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    What? Info from a crew member I know says Harvick came over and hit brad from behind pushing brad into Gordan. Granted, from the ground when poo is flinging around its hard to know what all goes down. Brad isn't one to start things with his past history, although once started, he can get involved.

6. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I feel bad for Stenhouse, not only does he have to live with Danica, he has to drive for Jack Roush.

dude must like abusive relationships :p

he's the next David Ragan...Roush moved him up to quickly to replace a driver who left for more $$$ and he floundered, and now he's damaged goods.

7. ferraripete

BK did not start this. and btw, BK is one of the true talents in the series...he actually can drive and is a compelling driver. the series needs folks like BK.

8. ferraripete

and btw...harvick is a *****.

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    always has been, always will be.

like BK, amazing talent, but a punk.

10. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  11. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Bad brad is a wheel man he did nothing wrong jeff need check his mirror . Love to see brad take a swing at f1

12. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I agree, BK was alongside JG and JG came down into him.

13. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Its sad - that Harvick is the first one to get physical with a shove/punch, yet his name isn't in the headlines. :(

Harvick has bumped out Vickers for my #1 driver that makes me happy when their engine goes up in smoke.

14. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    #564 GuyIncognito, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. ferraripete

I agree. if anything, harvick looks to have tried to turn brad around in the final laps but brad held on to her. my penske buddy will have a good commentary when I see him this week. he was in the thick of it for the Matt incident as well.

I think that with this new chase format, it will allow for one of the Hendrick cars (I include SHR in that mix) to take out brad. if I were the captain, I would be making some calls to the france family letting them know that he is not pleased with nascar's new ratings formula.

16. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Hendrick/Chevy will ALWAYS win that battle.

17. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  18. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    love it.

I thoroughly expect there to be a target on his back at Phoenix.

19. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    also interesting is that Hamlin is 2nd in points with just one win, and having missed a race!

20. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    If its gotta be a chevy - I'd love to see Newman take the overall championship. Although I would prefer to see a Ford from the Penske fold, specifically Joey, although I'd be happy with Brad.. Its very rarely whoever I'm pulling for that wins a race or championship. Not a fan of the way Roush treats people, otherwise I'd pull for Carl Edwards as well. I'm looking forwards to Carl moving to JGR next year. Maybe Edwards or Kenseth can finally get Toyota a championship. Denny, Bowyer, and Kyle Busch, are too fragile for me to have confidence that they can pull it off.

I have to say - if there are any penalties to the #2 team for the fight, and Harvick isn't included in those penalties, I'm tuning out for the season, just like I tuned out when NASCAR "fixed" Jeff Gordan into the chase - I still don't know who won the championship that year, and I don't care.

Pete, are you going to be in town for the 12th? There's a once a month team race going on that night at Victory Lane Karting, if you could join in, its a blast.

21. ferraripete

I think joey and brad have bad targets on their backs. I could see newman sneaking in for the championship. I still don't know if a Toyota is "allowed" to win at the sprint level?

Andrew...I am in town now. I may be able to join you!!

22. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    You mean Jr. Jr. Jr. still has a shot at it?

BHW

23. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Oh, here I thought we were just mocking the mockery.

BHW

24. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    In best Gordon Solie voice…

Oh! And there's a haymaker left hand to the jaw.

Ladies and gentlemen that’s gotta hurt!

BHW

25. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    How Nascar can increase their fan base.

Join the WWF. Have girls in Bikini's introduce the drivers and fights during and after the race. Have drivers trash talk each other LIVE on their headsets as they drive around.

It's the next logical step to the direction they are going.