Check out this cream puff | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Check out this cream puff

Discussion in '348/355' started by Dave rocks, Oct 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I cannot put mine behind the seats and be comfortable (I'm 6'). Therefore, I don't take it off much since I need to leave it in the garage.

2. Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2013
    Peach state
    Full Name:
    Brownie
    ??? I guess you've never owned a GTS. I am 6'1", stow the seat and am completely comfortable. A couple inches taller would start being a problem though.

3. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I don't but Ive driven one....Im also 6' 1" but found it a little touchy for me.....to each his own.......I love the look of them tho.

4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Just curious, what length jeans do you wear? I'm 6', 225 and wear 36w x 34L. I can't get close to comfortable.

5. Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2013
    Peach state
    Full Name:
    Brownie
    Same. With the top out of the car my seat can only move one setting farther back. If you have to be 5'9" or less to be comfortable with the top stowed that would imply a 4+ inch difference between the last two settings if a 6'1" person is comfortable all the way back.

6. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Should we assuming this car has would need headers, cats, and valve guides once it is driven another 10k miles ?

7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    So, after paying top money for the cream puff, you'd have to pony up another 30k to fix the known issues eventually ?

8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  9. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Dave,

I like the car. Looks well taken care of.

Robb

10. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    That is why I looked for a car that had been well driven and maintained. My valve guides and headers had already been done.

Very happy with my choice. It wasn't an investment other than in my happiness and senses...

Robb

11. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Dave,

I'm 6' and have a 30 to 31" inseam. I just fit in the 328 with the targa top off behind the seats. Same in the 355 GTS I have been in. The seat cannot be set all the way back and fit the top. GTS owners need a foldable canvas option again...

Robb

12. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris

To my point earlier of paying up for ultralow mileage cars, Dave bought a second 355 and now his he can limit the miles on his first one and keep them down.

Someone who is coveting an ultralow mileage car should consider the fact that mileage will accumulate if you drive your car often before reaching for one.

13. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I was thinking the same exact thing.

14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    My motivation to buy a second had nothing to do with splitting miles. It was primarily about the desire to work on a car and do a major and my 98 is just not in need yet.

But, driving 2 will certainly reduce miles to each although I don't know when I will have the second on the road since it's no race and I will make this car pristine. It might take 6 months or 2 years. Time will tell. When I'm done, it will be another cream puff ;)

15. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ

What he about it not mattering what he owned it for he is correct. If he owned it for 100k would you pay over 100k since he owned it for that? Of course not so he has a point. The good thing on your end is you don't have to buy it either and he is still sitting on it.

16. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I thought I explained myself but let me try again.

Car A is a pristine, always cared for always sold for top of the market vehicle.

Car B was purchased at wholesale price, had the maintenance performed now being advertised at or above top market price.

Which car do you feel has more potential to be worth the money? Personally I will take the car that has always been maintained in perfect shape in comparison to the one that was just fixed up to be flipped.

17. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    This is exactly what I ended up doing. I doubt I'd ever buy another Ferrari, but if I did I'd buy the one with the most miles that's had everything fixed on it.

18. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks for your reply Robin. I get it.