Inside the F40 - My most exciting driving experience | FerrariChat

Inside the F40 - My most exciting driving experience

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by MarchettinoYT, Oct 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarchettinoYT

MarchettinoYT Karting

Jul 10, 2010
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    #1 MarchettinoYT, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi everyone, I want to share with you the dream day I've spent with the legendary F40. In my young life I had the luck to experience some incredible machines such as the Carrera GT, Enzo, LaFerrari or even the beasty 599XX but a week ago I can say to have experienced the best automotive driving experience of my life behind the wheel of the Ferrari F40. When I got invited to drive the car I thought my friend was joking but now I keep watching the video and struggle that it has happened for real!

The day I went to the Ferrari workshop to take the car I was nervous as much as excited but I didn't knew yet I would have reacted behind the wheel. As soon as I grab the key I quickly jump in the car (it's not as easy as I thought!) and started the engine (didn't knew it actually had a starter button like the modern Ferrari's!). For about 20 minutes I drove it VERY gently to warm it up properly and understand its behaviour, that was the first time I drove a Ferrari without any sort of eletronical help. Also at low revs the Tubi Style decat exhaust was plain awesome even though it was challenging to have a proper conversation with the passenger. The clutch and gearbox weren't bad at all, I thought they were much harder, driving a car like this with a proper clutch pedal makes you love even more the manual gearbox, I think I will never dig completely the paddles gearbox that (sadly) is everywhere nowadays.

The fact that I was driving a 800.000€, old school supercar on a public road with lots of cars around me wasn't very helpful but nervousness aside, I find the courage to push the throttle pedal and OH MY GOD the rush of adrenaline, my childish laughs and smiles were just PRICELESS. Below 3000rpms the car is docile due to the turbo-lag but when the turbos kick in the brutality of this car is just incredible (I would dare to say even more than the Pagani Huayra I've driven earlier this year), the acceleration never ends! You just accelerate through a couple of gears (the gear ratio is endless!) and you realize that a long driving ban is just behind the corner! In the video you can really tell my excitement, that was the first time that I was about to cry out of joy. What a car, what a masterpiece! I will never find enough words to describe the F40!

Here's the video: Legendary Ferrari F40 - My Exciting Drive in the Ultimate Ferrari - YouTube
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I enjoyed reading this :) Thanks for sharing!

3. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Well said and you are spot on.

Congrats on that first drive..!

4. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Nice to hear that another drivers' dreams came true :)

-That's the best part :)

And thanks for the video. (And your other videos on yt).

5. driftwithme

driftwithme Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2009
    Enjoyed the video, we need more guys like Stefano in this world

6. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    We need more cars:D like this.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #7 Caeruleus11, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Great write up and great video!!! The lineup of cars at the store was incredible! You now have THE benchmark experience.

8. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Great write up and great to see you were able to experience it.

If that's the owner next to you then every car like this needs an owner like that, clearly a car-mad, passionate bloke.

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Great text and video. Once in a lifetime experience!

10. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Wow that was worth seeing! Thank you for sharing your experience, you even get to tell us about everything while you enjoy! I hope one day I can drive an F40, too.

Stefano... at first I found him a bit annoying but this changed as the minutes went by... what a cool, passionate guy! Oh and he didn't even bother to belt up! :D

11. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    impossible not to grin from ear to ear watching that video! well done!

12. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Great post and thanks for sharing your amazing experience!

13. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    Loved the video. It captured the experience perfectly!

14. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    Good read, I've enjoyed your videos on YouTube for a while now, glad you were able to experience one of the greatest Ferraris!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    You did a pretty good job!

16. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Wonderful … thanks for sharing.

17. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Fantastic writeup, and great candid video! But lets not forget, the success of it all was due to a well-tuned properly-running F40. That makes all the difference!

18. diogomsl

diogomsl Karting

Jan 4, 2014
    Porto, Portugal
    Full Name:
    Diogo Laroca
    This is a stunning car!
    For me, the video and the article can be resumed with this - "This is the magic of Ferrari, people laugh, people have a smile! Everyone smile, they just thumbs up they want to hear the engine! This is the italian passion for cars!
    Thanks for sharing :)

19. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
  20. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    AMAZING !!!!! Thanks for sharing this write-up and fantastic video !!!
    You guys are both amazing and it felt like driving the F40 myself !!!
    Keep up the enjoying cars and making great videos...

21. V12Fanatic

V12Fanatic Rookie

Jun 24, 2014
    I surbscribe to your youtube channel and once i saw you posted this i couldnt wait to watch it. Its also my dream to drive one but i did get the pleasue of seeing one up close at the Pittsburgh Gran Prix and it was pure bliss. Keep up the good work.