First Concours d'Elegance in Chantilly, France | FerrariChat

First Concours d'Elegance in Chantilly, France

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by arthobald, Sep 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arthobald

arthobald F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Besancon 25
    Full Name:
    Nicolas JEANNIER
    #1 arthobald, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. arthobald

arthobald F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Besancon 25
    Full Name:
    Nicolas JEANNIER
    #2 arthobald, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Great pics as always Nicolas.

4. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    FANTASTIC pics !! THANKS !!

5. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    The show horse rider is a friend of Patrick P the organizer. I had the pleasure to be seated at Tour auto when Patrick offered a demo,,,on the horse ,,,running between diner tables..I might be fearless when driving,,,but did not want to get a horse on my lap...I moved sideways,,,most of people had no idea of the danger, even if the horse knew exactly what he had to do,,,,

6. Shadow77

Shadow77 Rookie

May 4, 2012
    Great pic of the Talbot

7. arthobald

arthobald F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Besancon 25
    Full Name:
    Nicolas JEANNIER
    Thank you guys!

Pierre, Lurani's horse troop was impressive indeed. Very fast and close to the crowd. Now that motorsport is safer than ever, maybe horses can give us a little shiver of fear.

Will you bring a car or two next year to Chantilly? I'm sure you have some in your stable that would fit very well in front of the castle.

8. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    Nice pics ,beautifull escenary

9. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    I now want a new rapide. Awesome shots. Thanks man.

10. Onebugatti

Onebugatti Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2008
    Centre Europe
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    The dark blue Talbot 150SS coupe by Marcel Pourtout, the car in the right side of the photo, just finished the restoration and it was it's second showing for her now. It's really one of the best and correct contemporary restorations ever done on this type racing chassis. It should have won the event as an original French masterpiece as it clearly was the best of the show for me and the purist. It had all the boxes checked, hats off to the new owner.

The other ''two-tone'' blue car is a Delahaye 135M with replica coachwork. It won the show. If indeed this is the new trend, which seems to be, its predictable that someday a Favre GTO will win a class at Cavallino or even Pebble Beach.

11. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Oh
    Is that what it is.
    I was distracted by the other thing of beauty in the photo!

12. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    i actually tried as i am a friend and supporter of PP, but the person in charge was fixated on the 300S Maserati which was already booked for Pebble Beach. We had 4 weeks to prepare the car after Le Mans Classic, change the engine, the gas tank and do the cosmetics, and managed to get second in class, i could not commit to do the transportation and preparation back in 3 weeks in addition to the fact that i was personally not available at that date. But will keep an eye for next edition. Specially if you are there as you always make excellent pictures of my cars!

On a different topic raised in an other post, i doubt that the Delahaye of Peter Mullin is a rebodied car. I had no time to check full provenance, but this chassis spent a lot ot time in India and unless it had lost its body, the car had only be restored. i think there might be some confusion with some other car, i have an idea..
    Still there is a difference between
    (1) restoring a car and making a new body because the existing original one is beyond saving,
    (2) recreating the original body of a car that has lost its body, or where there was a second body at some time, happens very often with race cars, and recreating the original body
    (3) creating a car with a new body that copy other type of cars, but when the chassis in question never had in its life. This is called a fake!
    The Favre reference and all the copies of GTO are exactly that, making a copy which is different from recreating the body of an original GTO that was victim of time and races.
    How many GTO still have more than half their original bodies??