Value of '04 TDF blue 360 F1 Spider ???? | FerrariChat

Value of '04 TDF blue 360 F1 Spider ????

Discussion in '360/430' started by Spitfire, Sep 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    #1 Spitfire, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm thinking that it might be time to part with my gorgeous 360 F1 Spider. It's a 2004 model in TDF blue with beige interior (with Daytona inserts) and approx 12K miles on the clock. Would appreciate some input from you guys re. realistic values before I post over in the "for sale" section. This is not a fire sale and neither am I interested in attempting to sell for a stupidly high price -- just looking for sane numbers that are fair and in-line with the current market.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Do you have the stock wheels also (what are the current ones?)? Rear Challenge grill? Stock exhaust/headers? Stock TCU (or modified to CS)? Latest Services? Tire age? I would say anywhere from $80-90K depending on your answers.. I think its a fantastic color combo, black roof?

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    Yep, got the stock wheels too. Current tires (i.e., the RE-11's on my Scud rims) are a couple of years old, so not an issue there regarding age.

Yes to black roof.

Yes to Challenge grill.

Tubi racing exhaust (sounds spectacular even if I do say so myself).

Stock ECU. Think most of the bugs were ironed out by MY 2004.

Will be getting this year's service done within the next couple of weeks. Belt change not due for another 2 years.

4. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    I would say you will be on the upper end of that spectrum, especially with the two sets of wheels! Of course the problem is it's not Rosso... :D

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    Yep, you're quite right, it's not resale red. Funny thing is that is attracts many many positive comments when people see it (I think it's nice for many people to see that a Ferrari can be something other than red).

6. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    I specifically went non-red, I think the blue looks great..

7. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    Correction -- the roof is dark blue. Don't know what I was thinking.

Come on guys, some input please.

8. futureferraribuyer

futureferraribuyer Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2010
    High 80's to low 90's. Trade in maybe 70.

The car looks awesome in picture!

When I was searching for my 360, it looked like there were no good cars or everything was priced crazy. When I was selling the car, it looked like everything else was perfect and priced very low. I guess the way it goes - just takes the right buyer (bought my current 430 on the day it was listed).

9. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    I'd been thinking that something slightly north of $90K might be about the right number. This seems to be what I'm hearing, perhaps. As you say, it just takes the right buyer. That's how I ended up buying it in the first place -- it hit my radar very early in the process, and I considered several, but I kept on coming back to the same car time and time again, and ended up buying it.

10. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    AS you mentioned, in this price range you have to find the buyer, the guy who wants that car. If you find him, he should pay the amount without issue because there are so few ever made with that combination of features and in this condition, and yours is likely the only one for sale.

A buyer shopping based on price/looking for a deal will not buy your car at the amounts being discussed. There are too many others available for a lot less if your criteria-standards are not high. For example, I checked out a spyder just bought by an acquaintance last weekend. It was a bit rough and definitely needed some TLC, but it was basically an OK car that ran good and was presentable, a car that could be greatly improved with some judicious work and a few thousand dollars. He paid $55K - a real steal.

11. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

For it to sell for 55k it probably had a salvage title.

12. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    I love hearing about these $55K cars that just need a little TLC ( a "few thousand" would cover a DIY belt service I guess)... I could have saved $30+K!
    :D

13. futureferraribuyer

futureferraribuyer Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2010
    Why would anyone give away a Ferrari? Of course no one is going to give away something for nothing. Chances are that if you have the means to buy a Ferrari in the first place you don't need to fire sale it urgently. So if it sounds too good to be true then you're probably getting taken.

14. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

Either that or it's a salvage car. Maybe it was in a flood.

15. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    LOL.. just a little TLC and 30-40 chrismas tree air fresheners and your good to go!

16. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

That's funny.

17. DrDon

DrDon F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 11, 2012
    Infractionville
    Full Name:
    Armando Decredenza
    Love the colour combo. I PPIed a car like that couple of years ago.

Price in early 90s would be good value.

18. neunelf

neunelf Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    SC
    I'll offer up my educated guess. First, a great looking car with nice add ons. Disregarding asking price, I suspect as a private seller you could sell it for 90k and maybe up to 95k considering the extra wheels, recent service and well documented records. I would think under a 90k selling price it would sell fairly soon.

19. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Very beautiful 360 spider. The Scud wheels fits great too.

20. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    #20 GaryR, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    I paid about $90k for mine with 10K miles, 3 month old major service, good records, daytona seats, 3 piece F wheels with new Michelins, gated 6 speed, 70% of the car is 3M'd, challenge grills front/rear, Challenge muffler, $10K+ of CF everywhere (and all original parts). It didn't sell quickly until I found it, my guess is it was because it was silver with deep blue interior, which was exactly what I wanted (well, silver w/black was what I was looking for but it turns out I like this better!)..

21. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I would suggest around 90K is the number. A Ferrari dealer would sell it for 100K.

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Gorgeous car. I agree 90 is your private party inflection point. So above 90= better for you. Below 90= not as good/ faster sale. If you can hold firm maybe you should be asking something like 98. It likely will take time to find the right buyer but when you do you should be able to get mid to high 90s.

23. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    Thanks for your kind comments guys. I also agree that it's a gorgeous car, but I am biased.

Forgot to note that the car also has 3M treatment on front-end, and that it's located in Canada. But there's no need to run a mile since it was a US car that I imported into Canada -- as such, it can live happily (and with ease) either side of the border.

I'll post more pics as soon as I get a chance. Suppose I should now place my ad in the for sale section, although I'm reluctant to do so as she's lovely and will be sorely missed :-(

24. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    I started this thread almost 18 months ago when I was considering selling my 360.

I subsequently listed the car for sale on fchat, received a number of enquiries, perhaps even came close to selling it a couple of times, yet it's still in my garage.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/465932-2004-360-f1-spider-tdf-blue-beige.html

So here we are, 18 months later, and I'm wondering what the true market value is. When I look on eBay at '04 - '05 examples I see a couple of dubious looking examples for low money, but everything else seems to be listed north of $100K. So I'm confused!!

Got any insight guys?

25. adrenalater

adrenalater Karting

Dec 8, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jeff Stevens
    Check eBay completed listings for a record of actual sales prices. Up for a trade plus cash? I replied to your for sale thread.

Jeff