60th Anniversary of Ferrari in America Event -Oct 12 in Beverly Hills - Who's Going? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

60th Anniversary of Ferrari in America Event -Oct 12 in Beverly Hills - Who's Going?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TrojanFan, Sep 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Yes.

2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm passing on information as I hear it. It may be accurate and it may not pan out but as the saying goes "Don't blame the messenger".

I posed the question regarding out of town FCA members who are not in cars being allowed in the "Welcome Tent" on Rodeo as well as passengers/spouses/girlfriends in the car. Below is the response from FCA-SW that I received this morning:

"We are still working out the details, but I believe that if you show your FCA card you will be allowed into the welcome tent. If you have a guest with you, they will be allowed to join you. As for the pins, only one per vehicle will be handed out the day of the event. I appreciate your patience and as soon as we get plans firmed up, we will be sending out an email to all the registered participants."

This should be good news for the out of town FCA members.

3. rocnred

rocnred Rookie

Aug 12, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Registered. I am coming up from San Diego. Should be fun.

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    If anyone needs/wants a co pilot I will be in LA for business and want to check it out.

5. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    I'm coming from New Orleans in one of the cars.

6. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    This is going to be one awesome event.

7. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes and Enzo's son Pierre wil be there as well.

8. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Booked a room at a cheap hotel in the West Hollywood area. Hopefully everything will work out and I'll see you guys on Saturday.

-F

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    What time does this event start? Didn't see a starting time....

10. rblissjr

rblissjr Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2009
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Robert Bliss
    Registered... Looking forward to making history

Should be fun!

11. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I'll be there from Dallas, unfortunately without my Ferrari. Where are they going to have spectators park? ...And of course if anyone needs a copilot, I am an FCA member and I'm instrument rated. :)

12. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hope to see you out there Glen.

13. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Let's make a point of meeting up, Mark!

14. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Maybe we'll just have to go in and rent a Ferrari together since it seems like an open seat will be hard to get. Let's get a La Ferrari and make a big splash, like these cats:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4f4EsPBvTk]There ya go - YouTube[/ame]

15. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Will this even be catered?

16. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Yeah, I need to know what is available to eat..
    Should I bring a sack lunch?

17. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mark, I don't mind meeting up with you if you ave time.

18. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've got the time my friend! Arriving Saturday afternoon, LAX (FedEx ramp). Leaving Monday afternoon.

I'll PM my contact info.

Mark

19. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    I received this letter today:

A Gathering for the “The Race through the Decades: 1954-2014”
    60 Years of Ferrari in the United States
    On October 12th, 2014, Ferrari North America and the Ferrari factory are planning a special celebration to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of Ferrari in the United States. “The Race Through the Decades: 1954-2014” is a once in a lifetime celebration. The Ferrari Club of America in cooperation with Ferrari North America is creating the Gathering of Ferrari in support of this special event. This will likely be the largest assembly of Ferraris ever in the United States and we would like to invite you, as a Ferrari owner and club member, to come out to the Gathering of Ferrari and be a part of history and celebrate 60 Years of Ferrari in the USA.

1000 Cars Gather at Rodeo Drive - The Ferrari Club of America will have marshaling points around Los Angeles where you and hundreds of fellow Ferraristi will assemble prior to a grand 1000 Car Procession to Rodeo Drive. At those “Gathering” locations you will be given a 60th Anniversary vinyl commemorative medallion to be placed on your Ferrari; this will be your official credential to be part of the Parade and of Ferrari history as your car is counted by the Factory as part of the celebration! You will also be given a special commemorative pin to celebrate the “Race through the Decades; 1954-2014” and 60th anniversary of Ferrari in the United States. This Pin will be your club credential for the day and something you may keep as a memento of the occasion. In addition, you will be given a “Free” ticket to join the festivities and secure special parking at the Rodeo Drive celebration for you and your Ferrari. This is a free event and you should reach out to other Ferrari owners and ask them to join us for this special day.

All of this is complimentary to you as member of the Ferrari Club of America when you bring your car. You must bring your Ferrari to be part of these special events!! Without your Ferrari, you will be a spectator – looking in at the action; with your Ferrari, you will be the action! Anyone with a Ferrari can join with us in this special celebration, so tell your friends that if they pre-register they too can be a part of history along with you.

The club will host a reception tent at the Rodeo Drive Celebration, sponsored by Penfolds and your Pin will get you in. Once inside Rodeo Drive you will have the day to enjoy all things Ferrari. Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, Piero Ferrari and all the top brass from Ferrari will be our hosts. There will be 60 iconic Ferraris on Rodeo Drive. These cars will have special ties to the U.S. and many of these cars will be brought to Rodeo Drive from all over the world, some of them have not been viewed by the public ever before. There will also be a special viewing of two very special Ferrari cars that will be shown to the public for the first time. You will see all of the Ferrari supercars including the 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo and the latest La Ferrari. You will see the Magnum PI Ferrari, this year’s Pebble Beach winner, the first post-World War car to win that event ever. Steve McQueen’s Ferrari, and the Miami Vice Ferrari will be there, this will certainly be an event like no other and it’s all free if you pre-register.

At noon, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo will lead a second, and very special Chairman’s parade of 60 cars through the streets of Beverly Hills and on to Rodeo Drive. And if you pre-register your car and are lucky enough to get picked via our lottery, you could also be in this special Chairman’s parade with your car, but you have to pre-register to be chosen.

The key to fully enjoying all these unique activities is pre-registering you and your Ferrari and it is free. Please go to FCA Southwest Region - Calendar of Events and register for this historic event.

Click on the Register Now button to get your Ferrari and you pre-registered for the “Race Through the Decades: 1954-2014” a 60th Anniversary Celebration. Remember, if you pre-register your car, you could win a place in the Chairman’s Parade. You can’t be a part of history if you don’t register, be there with all of us for this very special day in the southern California sun.

Once you are registered, we will keep you informed of all the Gathering Points and further details of the event as they become available.

There is no cost for anyone and no tickets, just come and have fun!!

Questions? Please contact:

Anna McKinley – Executive Assistant to Marv Landon - FDSI Logistics | [email protected] | 5703 Corsa Ave., Westlake Village, Ca. 91362-4001 |

Forza Ferrari,

Joe Adams | President

Ferrari Club of America
    50 Anni di Passione
    Welcome to the Ferrari Club of America

20. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Don:

Your email must be slow. That's the email they sent out a few weeks back. Did yours come as a letter in the mail?

21. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

Do you have to be a fca member to attend this event?

22. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
  23. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    It is open to everyone but you have to sign up on the FCA websight

24. CChung

CChung Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Southern California
    Do you still need to register if you don't plan to take your Ferrari to the event? The website is asking for make/model of your car. Also, what time do the events start to begin? Thanks!

25. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Not sure

but reading the letter :
    "You must bring your Ferrari to be part of these special events!! Without your Ferrari, you will be a spectator – looking in at the action; with your Ferrari, you will be the action!"

Maybe assume there is some type of "roped off" tented area for the special cars and bigwigs and everybody else is outside? It kinda sounds like an Oscar after party tent were you can watch people go in and out but unless you have the special access "pin" you are outside the party.