wheel spacers for f430..where to buy? | FerrariChat

wheel spacers for f430..where to buy?

Discussion in '360/430' started by dhac, Sep 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhac

dhac Karting

Feb 26, 2012
    boca raton and LI
    I am going to get aftermarket wheels in the near future... but meanwhile I would like to add wheel spacers to the factory wheels to get use to what the stance will be like with aftermarket wheels... where is the best place to buy and what sizes are best to use... I will be lower the car this week also... is it needed to remove the shocks in order to adjust the spinners to lower the spring height? I thought they can just adjust them while the shocks are in the car, but this shop said they need to be removed.. extra hours if you ask me... anyone here know the truth to this? thanks in advance

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    There are folks that say that it can be done in the car... I haven't seen it.

Wheel Experts , Peter Lee should be able to help with you spacers.

Don't forget the before and after pictures!

S

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Hill Engineering spacers, sold by Ricambi, are designed for Ferraris. I use their 25 mm Type 2 spacers (separate bolts for the spacer and hardened inserts for the OEM wheel bolts, Type 1 spacers require longer bolts) on the rear of my 575M.

4. Mozella

Mozella Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2013
    Piemonte, Italia
    You can adjust the spring pre-load with the dampers on the car. Use plenty of lube, clean the threads first, and use a spanner designed for the job.

It is MUCH easier if you take some of the load off the adjusting nuts by installing a spring compressor. You don't need to release all the load, just enough to make the nut easy to turn. Be careful. Anytime you load up a spring with a spring compressor you have a mini-bomb on your hands. As Mom once said, "You'll put your eye out".

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, forgot that part of the question. Four wheel suspension alignment required afterwards.

6. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #6 -CD-, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Can someone please explain to me how these spacers work? I was thinking you just place the spacer between the wheel and the hub and use longer bolts, but the spacers in the image have 10 holes, not 5. Does this mean you affix the spacer to the hub with a first set of bolts and then affix the wheel to the spacer with a second set of bolts? I don't see any countersinking or threading that would enable that.

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Not two sets of bolts. I think the second set of holes is to allow use with cars with different bolt circles, and/or to help keep weight down.

9. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Okay, thanks. I've seen other spacers that have countersunk holes to attach them to the hubs with bolts and threaded studs that extend from the spacers on which to hang the wheels. Thought this was something like that.

10. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    I'm looking at doing spacers also. What's everyone running mostly on their f430s?

Any pics of stock lowered with spacers?

Looking at ricambi website I'm thinking 11mm front and 20mm rear

11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Note that while in moderate driving, wheels pushed out with spacers might not hit the fender lips, they might well do that in hard driving or on the track. Even with stock wheels on a 360, for example, they can hit, causing damage or at least the need to roll the fender lips. Look at a bunch of 360s and you will often find the fenders bowed at the 12 O'clock position. I don't know if the 430 has additional room or not.

12. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #12 RichardCH, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    I have 4 sets of F430 Hill Engineering 11mm wheel spacers with extended bolts, $277 at Ricambi, $175 shipped per set

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    you will not have any problems with these

14. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    #14 autowerks9, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We offer alloy wheel spacers and extended Titanium bolts. We stock 10, 15 and 20mm spacers in t6 7075 alloy that is almost 2x the strength of most others on the market.
    ..custom width spacers, we can produce.
    ..custom length 2 piece wheel bolts to match the 458 and later bolts we can produce as well.

David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login