Ferrari F40 Vs Ferrari F50 Vs Ferrari F355 in Suzuka | FerrariChat

Ferrari F40 Vs Ferrari F50 Vs Ferrari F355 in Suzuka

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Turbo360, Aug 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
  2. bjorn156

bjorn156 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    aaron
    love this vid. amazing.

3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I use to go to an Asian Video store and rent these video series about 15 years ago. They are a lot of fun to watch.
    Thanks for posting.

4. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Same here, thanks to a person who I will leave nameless got all of the videos pulled from the shelfs. Sucks, got a lot of research done off those vids you speak of.

Will never see a show down like this in the states.

5. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I gotta know! Who got the videos pulled? Some politician?

6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    A few more laps and the f40 would have best the f50 .... The f40 started last in that race....unreal seeing the driver fighting the car , unlike the f50 driver having the car work for him. One of the joys of the f40 :D

7. HoboPie

HoboPie Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    I loved this show so much. It was amazing because it fed my love for japanese cars, but it also brought a new level to my love of European exotics because they were doing things that I never imagined anyone would do.

It's not really a complaint, but if I would pick at one thing it would be that just take what they get, even when maybe they don't have to. Some of the drivers aren't quite up to the speed of the others or one driver really likes a certain car and has a lot of experience in it so they would play to that angle rather than looking for a way to even it out. Certain drivers are more aggressive or known for pushing the cars.

There were also numerous times where you would hear something part way through the race about how the tires on this car were shot from the earlier tests or how it had been down on power all weekend or whatever.

Would have been nice to have that presented a little more clearly and perhaps even avoided altogether, when it comes to tires or having car maintenance at least looked at.

That all said it's like 1% of a complaint. They did so much for my love of cars when I was younger. A friend of mine and I always had an rx-7 vs skyline rivalry from before we ever even played GT. Then GT fueled it to another level and then we found it happening in reality.

And then we have stuff of dreams. There's a Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrari F40 and F50 racing each other on a real track with professional drivers at the helm. In the real world we get lucky if they even let them on the same track... on the same day and have stopwatches running.

8. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    That f50 sounded great. I'm guessing it had an exhaust or straight pipes on it?

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    MS racing exhaust.

I watch the video every few months...such a glorious noise

10. EBond

EBond Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Green Cove Springs F
    Full Name:
    Chris Margarites
    The F40 driver was working the car like his hair was on fire and had to get to water. The F50 was on a Sunday drive. My point, the F50 is faster, easier to drive, and if there were 10 more laps with the F40 in the rear view mirror the F50 driver would have driven it a little faster and walked away with the win. The F40 looked like it was modified for the track too, which just underscores what I am saying. Finally, uncorking the F50 with headers and exhaust is good for 50hsp+.
    F40 vs F50 at a 50 punch? F40. But he would lose to a Noble M400, a Supercharged Mustang, a ZR1 Corvette, etc. We Ferrari guys are always saying it's not about a straight line drag race, unless were talking about an F40...then it's everything.
    For what we do an F40 is better than a 288 GTO, an F50 is better than an F40, an Enzo is better than an F50, and a LaFerrari is better than an Enzo. I love them all!
    Great video!

11. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    A blast form the past!

12. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Freshman year of high school in the library. We were doing everything we could to find these things on the internet, and that was without YouTube.

I have no idea why this idea never caught on.