458 Speciale Spider is coming | Page 11 | FerrariChat

458 Speciale Spider is coming

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by OBI458, May 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RC33

RC33 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Garden City
    Full Name:
    RC33
    I thought the concierge upon NDA registration would just paste a small decal over the camera lens if you bring a smartphone to prevent anyone from willfully using them.

That was how they managed the last time I was invited for the unveiling of the Speciale at the new building next to the Museo.

2. justthebest

justthebest Formula Junior

May 14, 2014
    Denver, CO
    And you may be right, I am just speaking to what I saw and experienced (one of my friends in attendance is waiting on his LaFerrari, so I would assume he would have qualified for the exempt, if there were such a group).

3. Darren6speed

Darren6speed Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    DJ
    So my dealer tells me the car shown was the stunning yellow metallic? Anyone else have more details on the exact stripe color and how much carbon was show (sills, rear, etc)

Any special body badges like the 16m had under the shields?

4. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    As indicated in the previous posts, you likely have to wait until the formal unveiling...

5. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    hmm, perhaps I do like white!! :)

6. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    It looks great in the Red !

7. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave

I heard yellow was a Speciale while the Speciale Spider was white.

8. Darren6speed

Darren6speed Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #258 Darren6speed, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hahahah good one!

Well since we know it was Yellow here's a little render ;) Sans livery though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    nice - thanks for posting

10. igirl

igirl Rookie

Jan 23, 2010
    France
    I had a 458 Italia (I did lots of track days with it).
    Then, I had a 458 Spider (some track days with it).
    Now, I have a 458 Speciale that I really love (track day use only)!

Because I have really noticed the loss of stiffness between the Italia and the Spider, I am pretty sure it will also be the case between the Speciale and the "SS".
    The chassis is not as rigid as the 12C/650S one... and needs reinforcements.

"SS" will/may be a collector but too expensive for my taste and use.

11. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus
    Ferrari 458 Speciale Spider - full fotogallery (render):

Czechferrari.cz

12. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Very nice pics.

13. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL. Are people really not sure what the Speciale Spider looks like? $100 says it looks like a 458 Spider with Speciale kit.

14. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    $1,000.

15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    but...but...but, I thought we heard it here from someone's uncle's, friend's, lover's, gardner's, friend-with-benefits, that this spider would NEVER be made?

Sheesh...I guess you CAN'T believe everything you read on the internet. Who knew?

[so sick of people saying crap like "my insider says..." and being dead wrong...its a weird ego thing for them to be "in the know" I guess...lame]

[End/Rant]

16. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I know exactly what you mean. There were a few people on the site saying that they know people who know people saying that this car will never be made.

One guy even stated that his friend ( who is picking up a LaFerrari ;) and who has an inside connection at the factory)that the 458 SS will never be produced. And he couldn't be more wrong.

17. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Not sure where you got this from, but I live in Europe, have been buying Ferraris for 18 years and although the supply situation is a little easier than the US, they absolutely have an allocation system for limited production cars. I did not get a LF, despite having owned most of their limited edition super cars, because I did not have 5 Ferraris at the time… Plus no one told me that "they will make another one just for me" (even though some people say it happens and as much as I would like that!) now that the car is sold out…There was also an allocation system for the SA Aperta, the 16M, the 599GTO (although it was relatively easy to get one) and there is one for the 458 SS.

The fact that there are 4-5 LFs for sale at 2million EUR plus is evidence that Ferrari need to improve their allocation system as cars still end up with speculators. It is not proof that no allocation system exists

I do agree that some of the things mentioned about the American supply situation sound over the top and would dissuade me from ordering a Ferrari there…Europe is certainly much friendlier !!

18. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Observation - predicting the future is an imperfect science. Many of you work in decent-sized companies -- how often have you heard something about your own company which later turned out to be untrue? Is it surprising that Ferrari would be different?

At any rate, point taken - you should place at most modest stock in Ferrari news you read [only] on an internet message board...

19. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    1. You make a good point, companies change their minds on product releases all the time which can leave their own employees in the dark. 😳😠😤

2. Agreed, Internet forums can be contradicting and greatly inaccurate at times. But... I do find that for the most part Ferrari Chat members are very well informed. 😄

20. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    It is coming as is a Scud version of the F12

21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #272 F2003-GA, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    it is. too bad we didn't get a glimpse at what the other optional livery and wheel option was though.

23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Yes it does seem strange the launch car has No livery
    But it is interesting that Ferrari has chosen to do such a car

24. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    #275 Randyslovis, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Who knows if it looks a lot like the regular spider on purpose. Gets to go on shakedown/test drives with the uber-wealthy without standing out like the SS would with livery. Built in white with white plastic makes it look pretty generic. Yes, I know Fuji is 26K in the US.
    You also wonder if Luca owes a few favors to the mega buyers so they had theirs built to have delivery simultaneous with launch in 6-8 weeks.
    One final thought: rear spoiler does not look as exaggerated as Speciale. Could this be Tailor Made garden variety spider with Speciale side "nolders" and Speciale wheels instead of traditional rocker/wheels?
    Best