250 GTO for sale? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

250 GTO for sale?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by MRG22, Jun 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I think the opposite is true. If it was a 30k car..nobody would really care. But because of the insane numbers these cars sell for, it keeps the over all interest up. People will want to research why theses cars command such a huge number. So they will research it and learn about the history.

If a Rolex was 5 bucks, nobody would talk about it. High value items bring a lot of curiosity with them.

2. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    I totally, totally disagree. 100%. But as they say on the internet, 'YMMV'/your mileage may vary.

3. MRG22

MRG22 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike Gulett
    You are such a cynic.

4. Ferrari_250tdf

Ferrari_250tdf Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
  5. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Is he selling a model?

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #206 El Wayne, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Pic used is mirror-inverted.
    And their address is at Hotel Adlon Kempinksi in Berlin........
    And the whole deal for a lousy 47 Million Euros...............a real bargain.
    Love it, really.

Marcel Massini

8. Ferrari_250tdf

Ferrari_250tdf Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Increasing the price by 7.6 mio € in a day!

I also love the one year supply of some vitamins that comes with the purchase...

9. giade

giade Rookie

Dec 19, 2004
    NEW MEXICO USA
    Thankyou GreG "banishg", for those Fabulous earlier on S/N 4757 links. I got to speak with Leon Cornell during the time that he had acquired the Car, and i believe had already Sold it as well. It was during the Summer of 1988. Mr Cornell was always very patient w/my newly afforded Ferrari Investment OPportunities enthusiasm, very attentive & very Gentlemanly. His main advice was to " just be Patient".

This is actually my First Follow-UP on that Ferrari since then, and am so Happy to see such 'documentation information' available. I dont know if Mr Cornell is still Incarnate, but i have always considered him to be one of the most Nobly supportive influences in my erotiQraft 'career'. Devotamente, Johndavid NM & FL USA

10. giade

giade Rookie

Dec 19, 2004
    NEW MEXICO USA
    my Apologies for the MIS spelling of bannish in bannishg.
    Devotamente, gF

11. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    3809 was/is for sale as recent as a few months ago. In May, a deal was almost done.

However, I think the buyer wanted it to be Classiche certified. Classiche deemed that 3809 should have a nose job in order to be certified.

What's up with all the nose jobs these days at Classiche? And why did they demand 375 MM s/n 0370 to be repainted red, when it's important race history was in white with black stripes, as raced by Masten Gregory?

/rant

12. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Nose job??? See what they did to 4675gt...
    They do not always use same/correct period materials (e.g. tubing & sheet metal)
    Does 4757gt have a certificate? If so...why?

13. MalteseVA

MalteseVA Karting

Oct 7, 2008
    I think 0370 is red now b/c the new owner wanted it red. Still would have been certified with masten colors.

14. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Yes FC certifies cars even if they don't have the original color. The red book specifies the original color, at least the one in the archives! And for race cars, the most important events in the life of the car and the appropriate livery can be more significant that the original factory color, specially if there are color pictures of the racing event and no document showing the car ex factory.

15. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr