Anyone Else Ride Vintage Bikes? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone Else Ride Vintage Bikes?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Pogliaghi, Apr 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pogliaghi

Pogliaghi Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Is that you in the first photo? What did you ride? Looks like a Super Record equipped Masi or similar?

Mike.

2. richjar

richjar Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009

I have my entry for this year. I am thinking what to build, maybe a Ephgrave Italia..

3. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    #28 guygowrie, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am second row 5 in the green Quarella jersey. My bike wasnt so fancy, a Di Benardi that I bought for not a lot last year, almost mint. I back dated the brakes to non aero, got some tough tyres (specialized roubaix - awesome). Wool jersey over a synthetic, old shoes and pedals.

I stayed with the triple chainring upfront, my only cheat. It was a life saver allowing me to climb all the hills.

The event is great fun. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    #29 junglistluder, May 21, 2014
    I have a 1982 Peugeot P8 that is in near new condition and even have the original owners manual. I keep it tuned up and upgraded the brakes to modern style levers and upgraded the stem mounted friction shifters to indexed. I also just installed a new rear wheel and casette but still have the originals. She is my "guest" bike that I let my friends ride when they are over and goes like a dream.

5. Pogliaghi

Pogliaghi Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Oh do I want to do this event bad! Yes it looks to be a fun event and the food and wine would just make it all even better. I would really like to do this on the 1939 Torpado I have which has Simplex Tour de France derailleur however I am pretty sure that with this setup I will be walking my bike up hills. Those riders of the past were truly amazing.

6. Pogliaghi

Pogliaghi Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Pflugerville
    #31 Pogliaghi, Jul 10, 2014
    Finally putting my De Rosa Super Prestige (SLX) together with a mixture of Campy, Shimano and maybe a Simplex SLJ6600 rear derailleur. Look forward to riding it soon and comparing to my other "newer" bikes!

7. Pogliaghi

Pogliaghi Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Pflugerville
    #32 Pogliaghi, Jul 11, 2014
    Finally finished and the ubiquitous "garage door" shot! Vintage Shimano Dura Ace and Campagnolo equipment. The Campagnolo (***gin pantographed) seatpost will be changed out.

8. richjar

richjar Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2009
    That looks really nice. Looks better with the correct size chain wheels on the cranks. One question; are you allowed to fit Shimano to an Italian bike??

9. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Looks great. Congrats on getting it finished. Hope it rides as good as it looks!!

10. Pogliaghi

Pogliaghi Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Ha, good question! Answer - no not really but this is my only bike (out of 14 or so) that has Japanese equipment on it so I am pretty sure it is okay :)

11. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    #36 guygowrie, Jul 14, 2014
  12. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC