I sold my TR, slowly starting to look for the keeper! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I sold my TR, slowly starting to look for the keeper!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Linas, Jun 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    We are talking about Testarossa's here, not 1974 trans am services.

Facts are, people can "sell"and "pay" for whatever they like. Some pay for a service with an invoice, and at full pop, others don't. Majority of dealers do a service and many cars change hands this way as well. search fchat alone and see the many sold and for sale cars this way, even our sponsors.

Fact is you don't want to pay for it, that's fine.

There is no absolute.

2. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Am I missing something??? Budget and TRs don't go together.

Buy it, fixed it, drive it and don't worry about the value. You just have to find a seller that has a good reputation and a car with good history.

No budget...just remember that. The Bi**h will own your wallet the day you take her in your life with or without full service history but in return, she will make you feel 21 again. :) Good luck on your search.

3. Linas

Linas Karting

Jan 26, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Linas
  4. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    What happened to this statement....

5. daveshowey

daveshowey Karting

Apr 12, 2013
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    Awesome :)

6. Linas

Linas Karting

Jan 26, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Linas
    Not pissed off anymore, I guess... Anyway, feel free to ignore my posts.

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    You place far too much importance on this place and what is said here. Hard as it may be to believe most of the Ferrari world gets by just fine in total ignorance of what is said here.

8. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Nicely stated. Take a look at some of the cars at the big auctions, most of the owners are lucky to get a portion of what they put into them. There are always exceptions though.

With computers, it is very quick and easy for buyers to get a sense of what the market is.

9. Linas

Linas Karting

Jan 26, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Linas
    Lee, mate, that looks very good!

10. MAFIOSA

MAFIOSA Rookie

Oct 4, 2013
    this is the most correct answer when dealing with most cars to their keepers
    thank s

11. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    This exact scenario happened here a while back. Person comes on the board looking for advice on their late fathers TR. Board responds appropriately and basically nails the value. They scoffs said values and proceeds to have a major done and paid to have it sent to one of the major auction houses. They take the reserve off (taking the small hit in a reduced commission) and sell the car. When the dust settled, it sold for less than if they would have left it alone. In fact, I know of at least one private offer for more that would have netted her almost 8K.

I am a buyer that would prefer a credit or price reduction so that when the engine is out, I can do some sprucing up.