355 Spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Spider

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by tatios, Jan 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios
    #26 tatios, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    I don't want to buy another set of wheels just to have the car sit around with them on it. If someone wants stock wheels... I will get a set of stock wheels and put them on the car. The challenge wheels can be sold later. They should be just about an even swap... or I will gladly have the challenge wheels refinished in silver if that is the new owners preference. I will post some pictures of the interior soon. The weather has been so crappy I haven't even thought of moving the car out of the garage. The warm weather is coming...

2. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    I don't think you're hearing what these very smart people are saying... The car looks like some ghetto thug was pimpin' around Fresno in it on drug-dealing profits. Either paint the wheels or get stockers with new rubber, then re-list it! The car will sell much faster that way than if the story is "Oh, well if you want the car then I'll get the wheels sorted out for you." Lame. Most Ferrari 355 buyers (many of which are first time buyers) will not even call you to talk about the car because it really does look quite horrid, sorry! The look of a car says a lot about the owner, and I know you didn't do this to the car but most buyers would think you did because it is SO custom and I for one would never buy a car from a guy who did that to beautiful Challenge rims.

Most 355 buyers, especially those on Fchat, know all about how many 355 Spiders are available, so why would they want to mess around with funky wheels? I'm sure your car is great, so why not make it look great to? Sure, some guys might not care about the wheels but they're few and far between and are most likely track-rats who would laugh when asked if they want a Spider.

Maybe ask $60k after redoing the rims? Relatively low mile car like yours with good cosmetics and history should sell quick, but again not with those wheels.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the sale. :)

3. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios
    I have enjoyed this car but selling it will fund my racing project. I would like to sell it soon... How about some serious offers? With so many comments about the wheels I am offering to put a set of stock wheels on the car the moment I get a serious offer.

Ed

4. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios
    I thought this might be the place to find someone who would appreciate the car... I guess I was wrong. Not one offer... not even a ridiculously low offer. I cannot believe the 355 Spider is such a dog on the market. The way things are going I can get more for my BMW E30 M3.

Ed

5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Ed. The spider market is tough. Yours is a nice car, but the wheels aren't helping.

I'd be happy to buy them from you FWIW. Let me know if you're interested. I'm also interested in your E30. :)

6. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The problem is you are offering to change the most unappealing thing about the car after someone makes you an offer you like. This isn't a modified honda civic. It doesn't work that way selling a Ferrari. You do everything you can ahead of time to present the car in the best possible light before offering it for sale. If you don't then you come across in a way that is unappealing to buyers. Not just the car but also you as a seller.

I'm not trying to beat you up about it but bluntly explain what is going on and why there is zero interest on Fchat in the car.

Details matter in an Fcar. They matter A LOT!

7. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios

I deal with Ferrari owners and their cars everyday. There are 4 Ferraris on the shop floor right now... an F430, a 250PF, a 330GTC and a 246 Dino.

I understand the wheels are not desirable to most but I posted the original pictures of the car with the Challenge wheels. There are 3500 views of the thread. If I post pictures of the car with different wheels on it do you really think that will make a difference? I have a set of wheels in the shop. I have said I will sell the car with the stock wheels... I is not like the car has a hood scoop. The wheels can be changed in 10 minutes.

I have seen 308's sell for the money I am asking for this 355. Just can't believe a great car like the 355 is not even generating the slightest interest especially all the service that was just done. If I were in the opposite situation I would offer significantly less and see if the guy took the offer.

Ed

8. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    At the end of the day, 308 gets different love than 355. Although I like the looks and sound of a 355 over 360, there is tremendous risk involved in owning a 355 when it comes time to do an engine out.

9. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    OK, $30k cash...don't care what wheels are on it.

10. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios
    At least I know someone is reading the thread... and he will take the wheels.

Ed

11. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    I sent u a pm. Have you tried your local Exoctics club? Mine in Tulsa is called caffeine and gasoline. And to be honest. I am having a lot more positive response there then on this forum. Seems everyone has an opinion and not much production. Your car is AMAZING!!!!! I love the black wheels against the yellow. It seems it would take your breath away when you drove by!!!! Good luck Ed!!!

12. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios

Thanks Steve... The car is not subtle. Its not meant to be subtle. Your talking a bright yellow in your face Ferrari that looks like its going a 100 mph sitting still. There aren't many cars that can give you the thrill of driving like a Ferrari 355... for around $50K. I guess the problem with trying to sell here on FerrariChat is most of these guys have already figured that out. I need to find a different place to list it. Maybe Craigslist. I will drive it to the local Cars and Coffee and see if I can generate some interest...

Ed

13. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    To prove you wrong this is actually a good place to sell a car, look at my thread silver/red 1990 TR. If you follow the recommendations by members and provide solid history it should not take that long to sell her. She looks stunning but I personally like the original wheels. Since you have a set, throw it on and take new pictures. You will have a quick wow and now you are back on track. :)

14. mkeenly

mkeenly Rookie

Jan 25, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The first thing I think when I see those wheels is what else objectionable has been done to this vehicle (thick shag carpet, bubbling window tint, ridiculous 15" subwoofer, etc.)? My mind then stops thinking about all the things that are fantastic about this 355, including the color (I've owned 6 yellow vehicles, including my current daily driver).

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Exactly. It just gives the wrong impression about the car. It is weird and sometimes not warranted but it is what it is.
    As said many times, it takes a few minutes to swap the wheels. If you have another set, do it and post pics again. Add more pictures, including pics of the interior.

The 355 is a difficult car to sell but it is also becoming a classic.

16. vracer

vracer Formula 3

Jun 23, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Ed,
    I've bought and sold a lot of cars over the years, not as a pro, just a hobbyist. You have gotten a lot of good advise here; listen to it with an open mind. No one is attacking you.

Realtors have a term - Curb Appeal. They know that the first thing a buyer sees colors everything they see throughout the house. Dump the wheels. BTW, I haven't seen pics of the interior.

17. Fcar3years

Fcar3years Rookie

Jan 18, 2011
    I can do one better, $35,000 Cash, wheels and all. Great looking car.

18. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios
    If your dyslexic! :)

ET

19. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    very interesting reading, not interested in the car, but the wheels imo are kewl :) Then again i am in South Florida

20. swc75

swc75 Rookie

Aug 18, 2013
    Florida/NYC
    Full Name:
    Rob
    More pictures please!

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    $37,000.....same terms.

22. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    308s are hot right now and are probably going to command stronger prices.

I agree with others, the wheels look more like Honda/tuner items than Ferrari. I would refinish them in silver -- you'll easily get your money back and probably sell it faster. Not a big investment. I love the yellow, but the wheels aren't the kind of "improvement" I'd want to see on a Ferrari.

23. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    At least your getting something on yours...no matter how ridiculous...

24. tatios

tatios Rookie

Dec 11, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Edward Tatios
    I am sorry but something is wrong with the market that thinks that a 308 is more car than a 355. I have had a couple 308's over the years and while its an iconic car the performance is lacking...

Ed

25. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    I agree with everyone else. Install a set of stock wheels and relist the car with new pictures and a better ad. It's the wheels. Seriously. Sell the challenge wheels seperately.