F12 TRS | Page 9 | FerrariChat

F12 TRS

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Igor Ound, Jun 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I can only speak to the P4/5, and even then its only from what I think I know not truly knowing. I think in the case of the P4/5 (cool car btw), its a matter of getting around this issue because another company- in this case Pininfarina- who does the modifications to an already certified and registered street car with a street car VIN. The P4/5 I believe has an Enzo VIN. The structure of the car was not changed.

I don't think Ferrari, as a vehicle manufacturer, can do that if they make any changes to the vehicle.

2. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    So does this car have KERS?

3. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    By the current look of things, no. Although it is strange that 3 very well informed sources have all said the car has KERS. Would like to hear from Marcel or Toolfan again...

4. Argosy

Argosy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2013
    This is an open top car based on a coupe. They had to change quite a few things to get it not to feel like driving a bowl of pudding(especially with those huge wheels). Thus it probably needs to be crash tested.

5. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    No second TRS that anyone seems to know of. You answered yourself, original plate underneath or put away. Anyone present should be able to confirm its the same only TRS. A one-off as it's been officially reported.

6. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxn32Jwnth0]Chasing Ferrari F12 TRS with 458 Spider - YouTube[/ame]

7. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
  8. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Anyone with doubts of KERS surely should be convinced by this video. It just disappears on the straight, any figures for HP? Haven't been following too closely to the info of this car.

9. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Awesome video...

I may sound like a stupid question, but can the windows go down ?

The shape of the doors and of the windows is very different from the original F12...

10. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    ? I suspect the F12 would do that anyway or it certainly feels like it having owned both. I find it difficult to believe Ferrari would have fitted the KERs power train on a one off as I understand one principle of the SP order is you have to use an existing model as a base.

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very excellent point.

12. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    I saw a picture of the TRS VIN and I could not see any "hybrid vehicle" plate under the VIN like LaF has.

As per my understanding you don't HAVE to. It would just be astronomically expensive (even more so than the SP's we've seen so far...) to have a project that requires more road and crash testing as well as the costs of engineering it.

13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It is a stock F12. No Kers.
    VIN is ZFF74UHB000200840.
    Assembly #118146.
    Engine type F140 FC.
    Warranty Start 9th June 2014.
    Exterior Color: Extracampionario (= special order color).
    Interior: Nero 8500 (= black).
    Carpets: Nero 152 (= black).

Marcel Massini

ArchiveZFF likes this.
  14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Are the wheels made by Ferrari or aftermarket?

15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Those wheels look really big...

They look like PUR design 4our wheels in 21 or 22 inches...

DESIGN 4OUR ? P U R

16. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Contradicts what I understand and have never seen one that breaks that rule, hence why Claptons car did not have a V12. However, you are probably correct in that if you wave enough cash, they might do it, but you must be talking multiples of any SP car so far.

17. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe

I was given the impression that SP12EPC could've featured a V12 if he'd paid enough for the additional crash test cars and cost of R&D. Would've resulted in a doubling or tripling in the final price from what I've heard.

18. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe

Thanks. But does this mean that there is an F12 with KERS we have yet to see?

19. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Bravo!

Grazie Marcel.

-F

20. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Thanks for the complete info.

21. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Why would it mean so???

22. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe

Because Marcel, Toolfan + LaF owner I spoke to were for some reason informed that this was an F12 with KERS. Obviously there has been a confusion of details.

23. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Sorry, a bit of misunderstanding, now I see your question is valid. I thought you were asking about a second TRS with KERS. It would seem possible at some point something like an F12+KERS given current knowledge and hints, however not likely a one-off based on the current F12. A barchetta/spyder version of the LaFerrari (one-off or not) would seem also plausible as for an open V12+KERS which would share the hints maybe our experts had.

I really don't like speculating this much :D

24. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The F12 TRS, one-off, has NO KERS.

Based on the F12 Berlinetta, the car was developed at a client’s request as an extreme, two-seater, open-top sports barchetta. One of the initial inspirations for the project was the 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa. In fact, the F12 TRS is Ferrari design chief Flavio Manzoni and the Ferrari Style Center team’s modern, innovative take on that legendary car’s spirit and pays homage to it in the “TRS” part of its title.

Though previously thought to feature a KERS-style hybrid system, Ferrari has confirmed that the F12 TRS features the same powertrain and performance specs as the stock F12 Berlinetta on which it’s based. This means power still comes from a 6.3-liter V-12 engine tuned to deliver 729 horsepower and 508 pound-feet of torque. This ensures 0-62 mph acceleration in just 3.1 seconds and a top speed in excess of 211 mph.