Another 412 beauty that keeps me awake at night | FerrariChat

Another 412 beauty that keeps me awake at night

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by raf456, Jun 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raf456

raf456 Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Freiburghouse
    This car is listed for 53,500 Euros which converts to $72,768. It appears to be in outstanding condition with low mileage. This is a much higher price than I have seen anywhere in the US. Those of you lucky folks who have a 400 or 412 should keep it as the price is probably going to move up as it already has for the earlier versions. This is the link to the dealer's site - I have no affiliation with them - just lust after some of their inventory.

The Gallery Brummen
    Bob

2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    The prices in Europe have really firmed up in the last 6 months.

3. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Interesting, first time I have seen a 412 that appears to be identical to mine.

4. kaiser

kaiser Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    johannesburg
    Interesting.
    But some of those prices look way off. An AMC for about 14000Euro. I think they would probably throw it at you in the US?
    However, an odd thing. A video of a 365GT4 2+2. Only 4 rear lights?
    Do they exist like that??

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Ok... I'm still waiting!

Prices for these in the USA have been almost exactly flat for a decade.

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Damn that is one heck of a classic car dealership!! WOW!

7. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Erik (Judge4RE ) has had a 4 taillight 364GT4 2+2 for many years and says that a very few at the end of the run came that way.

8. kaiser

kaiser Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    johannesburg
    Ok, so basically a 400 then. I can't see any good reasons for the price differences between the 365 and the 400i then.
    The rear lights are expensive, but not t h a t expensive! ;-)

9. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I put it down to this:
    Carbs vs injection ( induction noise :) ), 5 speed vs auto (not always), knock of wheels vs bolts, essentially 365's GT4 2+2's still carry over a lot of "old school " features, so buyers value them accordingly.

M

10. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    When I got my car 5 years ago I really wanted the 5spd and carbs, didn't care so much about the center lock wheels. I rember being neutral on the 4vs 6 tail lights and the small front spoiler. I also liked the older style interior. After having the car the 6 lights have really grown on me along with the lack of front spoiler. In all honesty the center lock rims look good but they are kind of a pain. I was looking for more of an old school look and feel.

11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I love the lack of the front spoiler and I love the earlier interior (except the wood). I am neutral on the center lock wheels--probably slightly prefer lugs, but I can't stand the 6 taillights. I think the lights look better on the GTC/4--but on the new body, the 4 lights just look right.

That being said, I personally think the carbed 400 5-speed are the best of the lot--but I can also understand people elevating the 365 due to the number, the mousehair, the knock-offs, and the original style of this particular body.

But...we all know grigio on red series II 5-speeds are the best. hahaha...